Pola Negri (1897 - 1987)
Film Deaths Edit
- Carmen (Gypsy Blood) (1918) [Carmen]: Presumably stabbed to death by Harry Liedtke. (I haven’t seen this version, but I’m familiar with the story).
- The Eyes of the Mummy (Die Augen der Mumie Ma) (1918) [Ma]: Stabbed to death (off-camera) by Emil Jannings in her room; the scene cuts away to another room as Emil raises his knife, then cuts back seconds later to show Pola dying in Emil’s arms after the stabbing.
- Madame DuBarry (Passion) (1919) [Madame DuBarry, born Jeanne Vaubernier]: Executed by the guillotine. (I haven’t seen this movie myself, but one of the IMDB reviewers states that it covers DuBarry’s life up to and including her execution.)
- Camile (Arme Violetta; The Red Peacock) (1920) [Marguerite ‘Camille’ Gautier]: Dies of tuberculosis. (I haven’t seen this movie, but I’ve seen numerous other versions of the story).
- Madame Bovary (1937) [Emma Bovary]: Presumably commits suicide by drinking poison. (I haven’t seen this version, but I know the story).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.