Philip Madoc (1934 - 2012)
Film Deaths Edit
- Undercovers Hero (Soft Beds, Hard Battles) (1974) [Field Marshal Weber]: Shot to death (off-camera) by Peter Sellers (in the "Major Robinson" role) in the brothel; we only hear the shot as everybody downstairs reacts to the sound. The prostitutes then hide Philip's body in the trunk of "General Latour's" (also played by Peter Sellers) car, and his body is shown again when it falls out of the trunk when Gestapo officers prepare to fix Peter's flat tire. (Played for comic effect.)
TV Deaths Edit
- Doctor Who: The War Games (1969) [War Lord]: Executed by being erased from existence.
- The Last of the Mohicans (1971; TV mini-series) [Magua]: Presumably shot by Kenneth Ives, causing Philip to fall from a cliff. (I haven't seen this mini-series, so I don't know how closely it follows the original novel.)
- Doctor Who: The Brain of Morbius (1976) [Dr. Solon]: Poisoned when Tom Baker fills Philip's laboratory with cyanide gas in an attempt to destroy Stuart Fell.
- Macbeth (1998; TV movie) [Duncan]: Stabbed to death by Sean Pertwee.
Noteworthy Connections Edit
- Ex-husband of Ruth Madoc.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.