Phillip Baker Hall (1931 - )
Former school teacher.
- Blue Desert (Silent Victim) (1991) [Joe]: Shot by D.B. Sweeney in an attempt to protect Courteney Cox.
- Live Wire (1992) [Senator Thyme]: Killed in an explosion (along with Scott Burkholder), when Mark Phelan combusts after drinking explosives disguised as water that Michael St. Gerard placed in Phillip's limousine and locks them all inside.
- Kiss of Death (1995) [Big Junior Brown]: Dies (off-screen) of cancer; we learn of his death afterwards in a scene of his son (Nicolas Cage) having an emotional tantrum. (Thanks to Gary)
- Magnolia (1999) [Jimmy Gator]: Presumably burned to death (off-screen) after an electrical fire starts in his home, after a frog falls through the skylight and knocks Philip unconscious just as he was about to shoot himself. (The scene ends just as the electric outlet begins to spark, and his fate isn't established in the film itself; however, I recall reading that director Paul Thomas Anderson has stated that he didn't make it out.)
- Lost Souls (2000) [Father James]: Shot in the chest by his son/nephew (Ben Chaplin) as Phillip goes to stab Winona Ryder.
- Dogville (2003) [Tom Edison Sr.]: Machine-gunned, along with everybody else in the town, by James Caan's thugs. (Thanks to Vincent, Artur, and Dick Hertz)
- You Kill Me (2007) [Roman Krzeminski]: Shot to death in his house by Dennis Farina and his men.
- All Good Things (2010) [Malvern Bump]: Bludgeoned with a phone at the end of a struggle with Ryan Gosling, when Phillip tries to attack him with a gun. (Given the movie is told from Ryan's POV, it's ambiguous how truthful his description of events are)
- Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onassis (2000 TV) [Aristotle Onassis]: Presumably dies of pneumonia. (I haven't seen this mini-series, so I don't know whether or not it covers Onassis' death.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.