Peter O'Toole (1932 - 2013)
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962) [T.E. Lawrence]: Killed in a motorcycle accident at the beginning of the movie; the rest of the film depicts his life in flashback.
- Lord Jim (1965) [Lord Jim]: Shot to death (off-screen) by the town headman after Peter leaves the shotgun within his reach and walks away; we hear the shot after the scene cuts away to Daliah Lavi. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Night of the Generals (1967) [General Tanz]: Commits suicide by shooting himself. (Thanks to Robert)
- Casino Royale (1967) [Peter O'Toole]: Gunned down, along with all the other bagpipers by Ursula Andress.
- Man of La Mancha (1972) [Don Quixote de La Mancha/Miguel de Cervantes]: Playing a dual role as both the author Cervantes and his character Don Quixote, "Don Quixote" dies of old age/natural causes in a deathbed scene in the story-within-the-story portion. (Thanks to Pfizer)
- Caligula (1979) [Emperor Tiberius Caesar]: Strangled with a scarf by Guido Mannari while Malcolm McDowell looks on. (TIberius was in his 70s when he died.) (Thanks to Robert)
- Supergirl (1984) (Supergirl: The Movie) [Zaltar]: Falls into a vortex while climbing a wall with Helen Slater, who looks on helplessly. (Thanks to Michael)
- The Dark Angel (Uncle Silas) (1987) [Uncle Silas]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by taking an overdose of laudanum. (Thanks to Aaron)
- The Rainbow Thief (1990) [Prince Meleagre]: Commits suicide by drowning himself in a flooding underground tunnel, when he deliberately releases Omar Sharif's hand while Omar is trying to pull him up. We see Peter disappear beneath the water; his body is not shown.
- Wings of Fame (1990) [Cesar Valentin]: Shot in the chest by Colin Firth at a press conference early in the movie; the rest of the film depicts Peter & Colin's experiences in the afterlife.
- The Seventh Coin (1993) [Emil Saber]: Shot multiple times by police rifleman John Rhys-Davies, to stop him shooting Alexandra Powers and Navin Chowdhry, with Peter returning fire before falling off a wall (his body is later seen lying on a murial as onlookers pray over him). (Thanks to Brian)
- Molokai: The Story of Father Damien (1999) [William Williamson]: Dies of leprosy.
- Troy (2004) [Priam]: Killed by Brian Cox. (Mythologically inaccurate: he was beaten to death by Neoptolemus, the son of Achilles.) (Thanks to Germboygel)
- Venus (2006) [Maurice]: Dies of old age/heart failure while sitting on a bench on the beach with Jodie Whittaker. (There is also an earlier film-within-the-film scene showing one of his acting jobs, in which he "dies" of old age in a hospital bed.) (Thanks to Jonah)
- The Ray Bradbury Theater: Banshee, (1986) [John Hampton]. Presumably killed by Jennifer Dale after Charles Martin Smith locks Peter out of his mansion and leaves him to the Banshee's mercies.
- Hitler: Rise to Power (2003 TV Mini Series) [President Paul von Hindenburg]: Dies of lung cancer while in bed.
- Ex-husband of Sian Phillips.
- Father of Kate O'Toole.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.