Peter Fonda (1940 - 2019)
Deaths in FilmEdit
- Lilith (1964) [Stephen Evshevsky]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by stabbing himself in the chest; his body is shown afterwards when Warren Beatty arrives and finds Kim Hunter beside his body.
- Spirits of the Dead (Histoires extraordinaires; Tales of Mystery and Imagination) (1968) [Baron Wilhelm]: Burned to death (off-screen) after Jane Fonda sets fire to the stable.
- Easy Rider (1969) [Wyatt 'Captain America' ]: Shot to death by David C. Billodeau, after Peter turns back to try to help Dennis Hopper; we only see Peter's helmet flying through the air after the shot. (Thanks to Steve and Chevy)
- The Hired Hand (1971) [Harry Collings]: Shot by Severn Darden; he manages to shoot Severn in turn, then dies in Warren Oates' arms shortly afterwards.
- Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1974) [Larry]: Killed in a car crash/explosion, along with Susan George and Adam Roarke, when they collide with a train. (Thanks to Chevy)
- Open Season (The Recon Game) (1974) [Ken]: Shot to death with a telescopic rifle, along with John Phillip Law and Richard Lynch, by William Holden, after Peter, John and Richard kill Cornelia Sharpe. (Thanks to Stephen)
- 92 in the Shade (1975) [Tom Skelton]: I have seen two different endings for this film; in one, he is shot to death by Warren Oates in the boat (we only hear the shot over a freeze-frame of Peter's face). In the other version, Peter manages to wrestle the gun away from Warren, and the movie ends with the two of them laughing together.
- Futureworld (1976) [Chuck Browning]: Playing a dual role as both the human "Chuck Browning" and his duplicate, the duplicate is destroyed when it falls from a catwalk during a fight with the real "Chuck." ("Chuck" survives the movie.) (Thanks to Stephen)
- Nadja (1994) [Dr. Van Helsing/Dracula]: Playing a dual role, "Dracula" is stabbed in the heart with a wooden stake by "Van Helsing."
- The Limey (1999) [Terry Valentine]: Shot to death by Terence Stamp in multiple dream sequences Stamp has (Peter survives the film in reality).
- 3:10 to Yuma (2007) [Byron McElroy]: Thrown off of a cliff by Russell Crowe. (Thanks to ND, Mathew, William, and Tommy)
- The Boondock Saints II: All Saint's Day (2009) [Louie a.k.a. 'The Roman' ]: Shot to death by a dying Billy Connolly.
Deaths in TVEdit
- Supernova (2005 TV) [Dr. Austin Shepard]: Killed, along with Tamsin MacCarthy (though I'm not sure the actress) when solar flares from the sun hit the island he's hanging out on.
- CSI: NY: Life Sentence (2011) [William Hunt]: Shot and mortally wounded by Clifton Collins Jr.; he dies a short time later in front of Gary Sinise.
- The Blacklist: The Mombasa Cartel (No. 114) (2014) [Geoff Perl]: Shot to death with a Silencer by James Spader for being the Responsible of the Deaths of Hisham Tawfiq's Parents (Gregory Bastien and Sipiwe Moyo) During Hisham's Childhood 29 Years Ago..
- Son of Henry Fonda.
- Brother of Jane Fonda.
- Father of Bridget Fonda.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.