Peter Finch (1916 - 1977)
- The Rats Of Tobruk (The Fighting Rats Of Tobruk) (1944) [Peter Linton]: Hit in the back by machine gun fire, he dies a little later talking to Chips Rafferty and Grant Taylor. (Thanks to Brian)
- Train Of Events (1949) [Philip Mason]: A murderer, he is crushed by a falling passenger carriage in the aftermath of the train crash as he tries to get away from the pursuing policemen. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men (The Story of Robin Hood) (1952) [Sheriff of Nottingham]: Crushed to death by a falling drawbridge during a fight with Richard Todd.
- Robbery Under Arms (1957) ['Captain' Starlight]: Shot in the back from distance by the police troopers as he makes a long run down the hill to reach his horse. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Flight of the Phoenix (1965) [Captain Harris]: Throat slit off-screen, along with Christian Marquand by the Arab horsemen when they approached them for help. We only see their bodies found after by James Stewart and Richard Attenborough.
- Murderer's Row (1966) [Ames, British Intelligence Officer]: Pushed off a cliff top by Tom Reese. (Thanks to Brian)
- Far From the Madding Crowd (1967) [William Boldwood] While still alive at the end of the film, the film ends with him about to be executed for murdering Terence Stamp. We last see him in his cell as his wooden casket is being built.
- The Legend of Lylah Claire (1968) [Lewis Zarkan aka Louie Flack] Presumably shot (off screen) by Rossella Falk; the film ends as he is on his way home, where she is waiting with a loaded handgun.
- Shattered (Somethiyng to Hide) (1972) [Harry Field]: Commits suicide (off-camera) by shooting himself in the head with a shotgun; we hear the shot over a freeze-frame of the gun as he raises it.
- Network (1976) [Howard Beale]: Shot repeatedly in the head and chest by terrorists during his broadcast. (The assassination had actually been arranged by Faye Dunaway and the other network executives.) (Thanks to Scott and Mac)
- Ex-husband of Yolande Turner.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.