Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer Dropped - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Paul Newman (1925 - 2008)
- The Left Handed Gun (1958) [William 'Billy the Kid' Bonney]: Shot in the chest by John Dehner, who was unaware that Paul was unarmed.
- What a Way to Go! (1964) [Larry Flint]: Killed when his automatic-painting machines go haywire and attack him in his studio. (Played for comic effect)
- Cool Hand Luke (1967) [Lucas 'Cool Hand Luke' Jackson]: Shot in the neck by Morgan Woodward during a stand-off in an empty church building. He dies while being transported to the hospital off-screen. George Kennedy's dialogue in the next scene confirms that Paul died from his wound.
- Hombre (1967) [John Russell]: Shot to death in a gunfight with Richard Boone and Frank Silvera.
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) [Robert Leroy 'Butch Cassidy' Parker]: Shot to death alongside Robert Redford at the end of their standoff with the bounty hunters. The movie ends with a freeze-frame of the two of them rushing out to face their pursuers, but the implication of their fate is obvious.
- The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (1972) [Judge Roy Bean]: Burned to death after he chases Roddy McDowall into a burning building; we see the building collapse after they're both inside. This is historically inaccurate, because the real Judge Roy Bean died on March 16th, 1903 from old age and drinking too much.
- Harry and Son (1984) [Harry Keach]: Dies of natural causes.
- Blaze (1989) [Earl Long]: Dies shortly after having a heart attack, while resting his head in Lolita Davidovich's lap.
- Fat Man and Little Boy (1989) [Gen. Leslie R. Groves]: Dies off-screen of heart disease in 1970. His death is mention in the on-screen text at the end.
- Road to Perdition (2002) [John Rooney]: Killed from machine gun fire by Tom Hanks while standing beside his car in the rain, after Tom has killed Paul's bodyguards. We only see Tom during the shooting, with Paul's body shown lying in the street afterwards.
- Cars 2 (2011; animated) [Doc Hudson]: Dies off-screen sometime between the events of Cars and Cars 2, and although Paul's death is never explicitly mentioned, it's strongly implied in dialogue between Larry the Cable Guy and Owen Wilson.
- Husband of Joanne Woodward.
- Father of Scott Newman.
Thanks to Fred, Mac, Val, Constantine, and Spiderman for information that constructed this page.