Paul Muni (1895 - 1967)
- The Valiant (1929) [James Dyke]: Executed (off-screen) shortly after the end of the movie; the movie ends with him walking into the execution chamber.
- Scarface (Scarface: Shame of a Nation) (1932) [Antonio 'Tony' Camonte]: Shot repeatedly by police as he tries to run. (an alternate ending was filmed in which he was captured alive and executed by hanging; Paul did not actually participate in the alternate scenes and his character's face was never seen) (Thanks to Jeffrey) (See also Al Pacino for the 1983 version.)
- The World Changes (1933) [Orin Noldham Jr.]: Dies of old age/natural causes with his son (William Janney) by his bedside.
- The Life of Emile Zola (1937) [Emile Zola]: Dies of carbon monoxide poisoning due to a faulty stove, while writing in his home. (Thanks to Jeffrey)
- We Are Not Alone (1939) [Dr. David Newcome]: Executed (off-screen) along with Jane Bryan shortly after the end of the movie, after they're wrongly convicted of killing Flora Robson. (Thanks to Constantine)
- Commandos Strike at Dawn (1942) [Erik Toreson]: Shot to death in combat with the German troops.
- Angel on My Shoulder (1946) [Eddie Kagle/Judge Frederick Parker]: Playing a dual role, "Eddie" is shot to death by Hardie Albright; Satan (Claude Rains) later allows his spirit to return to earth by Possessing "Frederick"'s body for the rest of the movie, until he eventually leaves "Frederick" and returns to hell.
- The Last Angry Man (1959) [Dr. Sam Abelman]: Dies of a heart attack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.