The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Pat Hingle (1924 - 2009)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Splendor in the Grass (1961) [Ace Stamper]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by jumping from a window; his body is shown afterwards when the police show it to his son (Warren Beatty). (Thanks to Jeffrey and Mac)
- Invitation to a Gunfighter (1964) [Sam Brewster]: Shot in the chest by George Segal in the street, when Pat tries to pull his gun on George after it becomes clear that the town is now against him. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Gauntlet (1977) [Maynard Josephson]: Shot to death by a sniper. (Thanks to Robert)
- Norma Rae (1979) [Vernon]: Dies of a heart attack while working in the factory. (Thanks to Jeffrey and Mac)
- Sudden Impact (1983) [Chief Lester Jannings]: Shot to death by Paul Drake when Pat goes for his gun. (Thanks to Robert)
- Maximum Overdrive (1986) [Bubba Hendershot]: Shot to death when a sentient mounted machine-gun opens fire on him. (Thanks to Scott, Robert, and Kyle)
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Invaders: The Prophet (1967) [Brother Avery]: Commits suicide by taking a poison pill, as Roy Thinnes and Zina Bethune look on. As an alien, his body disintegrates after death. (Thanks to Brian)
- The High Chaparral: Threshold Of Courage (1968) [Finley Carr]: Shot from his horse by one of the Cannon cowboys as they run in to rescue Leif Erickson from Hingle's gang. (Thanks to Brian)
- Gunsmoke: To The Last Man (1992 TV Film) [Col. Tucker]: Shot twice by James Arness in the big finale gunfight. (Thanks to Brian)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.