Morgan Freeman (1937 - )
- Coriolanus (1979) [Coriolanus]: Stabbed to death by a group of assassins. (I haven't seen this version, but I'm roughly familiar with the Shakespeare play.)
- That Was Then...This Is Now (1985) [Charlie Woods]: Shot in the head by pool hustlers. (Thanks to Fortza)
- Street Smart (1987) [Leo Smalls Jr. a.k.a. Fast Black]: Shot in the chest by Erik King in the street, after Christopher Reeve manipulates Erik into thinking Morgan is out to kill him. (Thanks to Robert)
- Glory (1989) [Sergeant Major John Rollins]: Possibly killed (off-screen) while charging the Confederate fort; the scene ends with Morgan and the other soldiers running towards a cannon, which then fires. Morgan's body is not shown among those being buried in a mass grave, but the implication of his death is pretty strong. (Thanks to Robert, The Grey Ghost, and Michael)
- The Power of One (1992) [Geel Piet]: Fatally beaten by Clive Russell in the prison yard; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Simon Fenton.
- Unforgiven (1992) [Ned Logan]: Flogged to death (off-screen) by Gene Hackman; we learn of his death afterwards when Anna Thomson informs Clint Eastwood, and his body is shown on display in a propped-up coffin when Clint rides into town. (Thanks to Robert)
- Nurse Betty (2000) [Charlie]: Shot to death (off-camera) in a shoot-out with police outside a hotel, after he says goodbye to Renee Zellweger and walks out. We only hear the shots from inside the room; his death is confirmed in a TV news report.
- The Sum of All Fears (2002) [DCI William Cabot]: Dies of radiation poisoning (combined with injuries from a car crash) after a nuclear bomb that was instigated by Alan Bates' men detonates nearby; he dies while talking to Ben Affleck. (Thanks to Tal)
- Dreamcatcher (2003) [Colonel Abraham Curtis]: Killed in an explosion when Tom Sizemore shoots down Morgan's helicopter. (Thanks to Ben)
- Lucky Number Slevin (2006) [The Boss]: Suffocated, along with Ben Kingsley, when Josh Hartnett puts plastic bags over their heads. (as a revenge for killing Josh's father (Scott Gibson) the same way) (Thanks to ND)
- The Bucket List (2007) [Carter Chambers]: Dies during surgery to treat a brain tumor; his body is shown lying on the operating table afterwards. (Thanks to Eric, ND. Scott, Giro, Daniel, Richard, and Tommy)
- Wanted (2008) [Sloan]: Shot in the back of the head with a sniper rifle by James McAvoy; after the bullet emerges from Morgan's head, the scene then rewinds to show the bullet's path going back to James. (Thanks to Daniel, ND, Steven, Manda, Andrew, and Tommy)
- RED (2010) [Joe Matheson]: Shot to death by a sniper when Morgan walks out of the house (dressed in Bruce Willis' clothes), acting as a decoy so that Bruce, John Malkovich, and Helen Mirren can escape. (on top of having stage IV liver cancer). (Thanks to Tommy, ND, and Angel)
- Oblivion (2013) [Malcolm Beech]: Killed in an explosion, along with one of the Tom Cruise clones, when they detonate a nuclear device to destroy the ship. (Thanks to Tommy, Dignan, and ND)
- The LEGO Movie (2014; animated) [Vitruvius]: Decapitated when Lord Business (voiced by Will Ferrell) throws a coin at him; he dies while his severed head is talking to Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) and he appears to Emmett later on as a ghost. (Played for comic effect.)
- Last Knights (2015) [Bartok]: Decapitated (off-screen) in an execution by Clive Owen after Owen is forced to do so reluctantly.
- Death of a Prophet (1981) [Malcolm X]: Assassinated/shot to death by Tommy Redmond Hicks and Mansoor Najeeullah while trying to give a speech in the ballroom.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.