The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Morgan Freeman (1937 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Coriolanus (1979) [Coriolanus]: Stabbed to death by a group of assassins. (I haven't seen this version, but I'm roughly familiar with the Shakespeare play.)
- That Was Then...This Is Now (1985) [Charlie Woods]: Shot in the head by pool hustlers. (Thanks to Fortza)
- Street Smart (1987) [Leo Smalls Jr. a.k.a. Fast Black]: Shot in the chest by Erik King in the street, after Christopher Reeve manipulates Erik into thinking Morgan is out to kill him. (Thanks to Robert)
- Glory (1989) [Sergeant Major John Rollins]: Killed off-screen while charging the Confederate fort; the scene ends with Morgan, Cary Elwes and the other soldiers running towards a series of deployed cannons, which then fire. Morgan's body is not shown among those being buried in a mass grave, most likely due to the cannons' destructive capabilities. (Thanks to Robert, The Grey Ghost, and Michael)
- The Power of One (1992) [Geel Piet]: Fatally beaten by Clive Russell in the prison yard; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Simon Fenton.
- Unforgiven (1992) [Ned Logan]: Flogged to death off-screen by Gene Hackman. His death is revealed when Anna Thomson informs Clint Eastwood, and his body is shown on display in a propped-up coffin when Clint rides into town. (Thanks to Robert)
- Nurse Betty (2000) [Charlie]: Shot to death off-camera in a shoot-out with police outside a hotel, after he says goodbye to Renee Zellweger and walks out. Only gunshots are heard when he leaves the room, with his death is confirmed in a TV news report.
- The Sum of All Fears (2002) [DCI William Cabot]: Dies of injuries restrained from a limo crash after a nuclear bomb that was installed by Alan Bates' men detonates nearby in a stadium (due to him being in the driver's section of the limo, he took more damage than James Cromwell who was in the passenger section and survived fine) he later dies while talking to Ben Affleck. (Thanks to Tal)
- Dreamcatcher (2003) [Colonel Abraham Curtis]: Killed in an explosion when Tom Sizemore shoots down Morgan's helicopter. (Thanks to Ben)
- Lucky Number Slevin (2006) [The Boss]: Suffocates, along with Ben Kingsley, when Josh Hartnett puts/tapes plastic bags over their heads as Josh has them tied to chairs and explains his past to what they did to him. (Thanks to ND)
- The Bucket List (2007) [Carter Chambers]: Dies during surgery to treat a brain tumor; his body is shown lying on the operating table afterwards. His ashes are later shown placed alongside Jack Nicholson's in a coffee can overlooking Mount Everest by Sean Hayes. (Thanks to Eric, ND. Scott, Giro, Daniel, Richard, and Tommy)
- Wanted (2008) [Sloan]: Shot in the back of the head with a sniper rifle by James McAvoy; after the bullet emerges from Morgan's head, the scene then rewinds to show the bullet's path going back to James. (Thanks to Daniel, ND, Steven, Manda, Andrew, and Tommy)
- RED (2010) [Joe Matheson]: Shot to death by a sniper when Morgan walks out of the house dressed in Bruce Willis' clothes, acting as a decoy so that Bruce, John Malkovich, and Helen Mirren can escape. (Thanks to Tommy, ND, and Angel)
- Oblivion (2013) [Malcolm Beech]: Killed in an explosion, along with one of the Tom Cruise clones, when they detonate a nuclear device to destroy the ship. (Thanks to Tommy, Dignan, and ND)
- The LEGO Movie (2014; animated) [Vitruvius]: Decapitated when Will Ferrell throws a coin at him; he dies while his severed head is talking to Chris Pratt and he appears to Emmett later on as a ghost. (Played for comic effect.)
- Last Knights (2015) [Bartok]: Decapitated off-screen in an execution by Clive Owen after Owen is forced to do so reluctantly.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Death of a Prophet (1981) [Malcolm X]: Assassinated/shot to death by Tommy Redmond Hicks and Mansoor Najeeullah while trying to give a speech in the ballroom.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.