Mildred Dunnock (1901 - 1991)
Film Deaths Edit
- Kiss of Death (1947) [Rizzo's Mother]: Pushed down a flight of stairs in her wheelchair by Richard Widmark.
- Behold a Pale Horse (1964) [Pilar]: Dies (off-screen) of an unspecified illness; we learn of her death afterwards when Marietto Angeletti informs her son (Gregory Peck).
- Whatever Happened to Aunt Alice? (1969) [Edna Tinsley]: Bludgeoned to death with a shovel by Geraldine Page. (Thanks to Jake)
- The Spiral Staircase (1975) [Mrs. Sherman]: Dies of a heart attack or exhaustion after using the last breath of her strength to shoot her son (Christopher Plummer) in order to save Jacqueline Bisset. (see also Ethel Barrymore in the 1946 version)
TV Deaths Edit
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents: None are so Blind (1956) [Aunt Muriel]: Shot in the head by her nephew (Hurd Hatfield) in her home.
- Thriller: The Cheaters (1960) [Mariam Olcott]: Burned to death (off-screen) when her fireplace starts a fire at her home, after she passes out from drinking too much Brandy to calm her nerves after she kills Dayton Lummis. The scene cuts to the commercial break as the fire starts to spread; her death is confirmed in the next scene when the episode resumes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.