Michael Caine (1933 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Blind Spot (1958) [Johnny Brent]: Leader of a diamond smuggling gang, he drives away pursued by the police but his car hits roadworks, overturns, explodes, and he dies in the blazing wreck. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre: Solo For Sparrow (1962) [Mooney]: Shot in the stomach by police officer Glyn Houston as they stalk each other at the gang's farm hideout. (Thanks to Brian)
- Deadfall (1968) [Henry]: A professional burgler, shot by a guard as he attempts to steal diamonds from a Spanish villa, and falls to his death from a balcony.
- Play Dirty (1968) [Captain Douglas]: Machine-gunned, along with Nigel Davenport, by Dennis Brennan, while Michael and Nigel are disguised as German officers. (Thanks to Brian)
- Battle of Britain (1969) [Squadron Leader Canfield]: Killed in an explosion when his plane is shot down in a dogfight. (Thanks to Bill)
- Get Carter (1971) [Jack Carter]: Shot in the head with a sniper rifle by a hitman while walking along the beach.
- Kidnapped (1971) [Alan Breck] While still alive at the end of the film, his fate is made clear that he is to be executed as he turns himself in for the murder of Terry Richards so Jack Watson can be spared from execution.
- The Last Valley (1971) [The Captain] Dies of his wounds while talking to Omar Sharif.
- Sleuth (1972) [Milo Tindle]: Shot in the back by Laurence Olivier as Michael is about to leave Laurence's mansion; he dies shortly afterwards, just as we hear the police arriving. (Thanks to Spiderman)
- The Destructors (The Marseille Contract) (1974) [John Deray]: Shot to death by one of James Mason's hitmen. (Thanks to Fred)
- The Eagle Has Landed (1976) [Colonel Kurt Steiner]: Shot to death by British soldiers after he shoots a decoy Winston Churchill look-alike.
- Deathtrap (1982) [Sidney Bruhl]: Killed (off-screen) in a struggle with Christopher Reeve; the film suddenly cuts from a scene of Michael and Christopher fighting to a scene of two different actors 'killing' each other in a stage play based on the storyline that Irene Worth is premiering.
- Mona Lisa (1986) [Mortwell]: Shot twice in the chest, in addition to having been shot in the ankle, by Cathy Tyson, along with Clarke Peters, during a struggle in the apartment as Bob Hoskins looks on.
- The Sledgehammer's Wrath (1986) [Philip Gillespie]: Killed in a car crash caused by ripper. He barley survived the car tumbling down the revine, but the explosion was what finished him off.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) [Ebenezer Scrooge]: Dies (off-screen) under unspecified circumstances, in the vision of the future shown to him by the Ghost of Christmas Future; his death is revealed when Michael sees his own gravestone; this future is undone after Michael changes his ways. (Thanks to Tommy)
- On Deadly Ground (1994) [Michael Jennings]: Drowns when Steven Seagal shoots the cable that is holding him up, which causes him to fall into a pool of crude oil. (Thanks to Fred)
- Blood and Wine (1996) [Victor Spansky]: Smothered with a pillow by Jack Nicholson; his body is later seen floating in a pool when Stephen Dorff discovers him, then again as he goes through Michael's pockets.
- The Cider House Rules (1999) [Dr. Wilbur Larch]: Dies of an accidental overdose of ether in his office; this shown in a flashback when Tobey Maguire reads a letter informing him of Michael's death.
- Shiner (2000) [Billy "Shiner" Simpson]: Shot/Stabbed at the end of a struggle/shootout with mobsters (Danny Webb, Frank Harper or Kenneth Cranham); he manages to kill them in return before dying.
- Last Orders (2001) [Jack Dodds]: Dies of a heart attack while watching a horse race.
- Secondhand Lions (2003) [Garth]: Killed (off-screen) in a plane crash, along with Robert Duvall, when they try to fly their biplane upside-down through a barn door; we only see the wreckage afterwards. (Thanks to Stephen)
- The Statement (2003) [Pierre Brossard]: Shot twice in the chest by Ciaran Hinds in an alley. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Around the Bend (2004) [Henry Lair]: Dies of a terminal illness/chokes to death in a KFC restaurant as his great grandson (Jonah Bobo) looks on, his body is later seen when his son (Christopher Walken) and grandson (Josh Lucas) discover him.
- The Weather Man (2005) [Robert Spritzel]: Dies of lymphoma (off-screen); his body is not shown, but there is a scene of his son (Nicolas Cage) attending his funeral. (Thanks to Eric and Chris)
- Children of Men (2006) [Jasper]: Shot three times in the head and chest by Chiwetel Ejiofor; this is shown from a distance while Clive Owen and Pam Ferris look on helplessly.
- Flawless (2007) [Hobbs]: Presumably dies (off-screen) during the passage of time between the Fifties and present day.
- Is Anybody There? (2008) [Clarence]: Dies of unspecified circumstances as Bill Milner looks on; he later appears as a ghost to Bill.
- Interstellar (2014) [Professor Brand]: Dies of old age in his hospital bed with Topher Grace and Jessica Chastain by his side.
- Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015) [Arthur]: Accidentally poisons himself after Taron Egerton switches their drinks and Michael drinks the glass that he intended for Taron.
- Dunkirk (2017) [Fortis Leader]: Possibly dies after his plane is shot down (off-screen). (note: Michael did not physically appear in the film, but only his voice was heard coming from a plane).
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Jack the Ripper (1988 TV mini-series) [Inspector Frederick Abberline]: Dies (off-screen) on December 10th, 1929 from complications of old age. We learn of his death during the ending narration/on-screen text at the end of the mini-series.
- Jekyll & Hyde (1990 TV) [Dr. Henry Jekyll/Mr. Edward Hyde]: Commits suicide by shooting himself.
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1997) [Capt. Nemo]: Killed in an explosion when he sets his submarine to self-destruct after getting shot by John Bach.
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Ex-Mr. Patricia Haines.
- Mr. Shakira Caine.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.