The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Michael Bell (1938 - )
Not be confused with Canadian actor Mike Bell
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- First Man Into Space (1959) [State Trooper]: Killed by Lt. Dan Prescott Monster.
- The Transformers: The Movie (1986; animated)[Prowl/Bombshell/Scrapper/Swoop/Junkion]: "Prowl" is shot in the chest by Scavenger (Don Messick) burning out his vital parts after he and the rest of the Decepticons hijack the Autobot ship, "Bombshell" is wounded by Springer (Neil Ross) during the battle of Autobot City when he hits him with one of his missiles he is then reformatted into a Sweep by Unicron (Orson Welles) after he is ejected into space. The rest of his characters survive.
- G.I. Joe: The Movie (1987; animated) [Duke/Xamot/Blowtorch/Lift Ticket]: "Duke" is implaled with a snake spear by Serpentor (Richard Gautier) during Cobra's attack on Joe headquarters; he "dies" while talking to Lt. Falcon (Don Johnson). This scene was changed so that he merely goes into a coma (which he recovers from), but it's clear that this was originally supposed to be the character's death. The others characters survive.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Smurfs: The Smurfic Games (1983;animated) [Argus/Handy Smurf/Grouchy Smurf]: Argus dies of old age with his cousin Gargamel (Paul Winchell) by his side, his body vanishes after his death. Handy and Grouchy Smurf survive.
- Aladdin: Destiny On Fire (1995; animated) [Aziz]: Explodes after Aladdin (Scott Weinger) and Razoul (Jim Cummings) trick him into overusing his powers causing him to overheat.
- The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest: Rage's Burning Wheel (1996; animated) [Ezekiel Rage]: Supposedly perishes when his Space Station crashes into the ocean as his Mask is seen floating in the Ocean. Despite his death, he survived and came back later.
- The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest: Ezekiel Rage (1996; animated) [Ezekiel Rage]: Supposedly die when his Plane crashed into a wall. Despite his death, he came back later in the series. (Note: Thus episode takes place before Rage's Burning Wheel, as it aired out of order and it was actually Ezekiel Rage's first appearance in the series.)
- The Real Adventures Of Jonny Quest: The Edge Of Yesterday (1997; animated) [Ezekiel Rage]: Killed in an explosion after Hadji (Rob Paulsen) tricks him into driving into the Cretaceous period with a nuclear warhead he was planning to plant in the earth's core, his skeleton is seen years later after Dr. Forbes (Earl Boen) and Dr. Vedder (Jim Meskimen) go down the mine shaft.
- Star Wars: Rebels: Family Reunion and Farewell (2018; animated) [Jan Dodonna]: Although he doesn't appear, he sometime around the Time Skip. (Note: The Epilogue takes place sometime after Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983), see also Alex McCrindle who played Jan Dodonna in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977).)
Video Game Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Soul Reaver: Legacy Of Kain (1999) [Raziel/Melchiah]: "Raziel" is executed by being flung into the Lake of the Dead and dissolved as a result of his vampiric weakness to water (supposedly as punishment for offending Simon Templeman, but in reality as part of a longrunning gambit to alter fate). However, Raziel is resurrected as a wraith by Tony Jay; depending on the player's decisions, Raziel's physical form can and will be destroyed at numerous points throughout the game. "Melchiah" is crushed and minced beneath a ceiling-mounted grinder at the conclusion of a boss battle with Raziel, who then devours Melchiah's soul to gain his powers.
- Soul Reaver 2 (2002) [Raziel] Playing both Raziel's present self and Raziel's past self, the latter is impaled through the chest with the Soul Reaver by his future self; as the previous game established, this will eventually lead to him being resurrected by Simon Templeman as a vampire. As with the previous installment, Raziel's present self can and will "die" several times over the course of the game at the player's discretion.
- Legacy Of Kain: Defiance (2003) [Raziel] Sacrifices himself by possessing Richard Doyle's corpse and tricking Simon Templeman into impaling him with the Soul Reaver - allowing the blade to absorb his soul and grant Simon the power to defeat Tony Jay - ultimately fading into nothingness as Simon looks on in remorse.
- Ratchet Deadlocked (2003) [Gleeman Vox] Playing the main villain of the game, he is left to die by James Arnold Taylor after activationg a bomb that was supposed to make him and James blow up.
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (2004) [The Fear]: Killed by David Hayter.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.