Matthew Broderick (1962 - )
Deaths in FilmEdit
- Glory (1989) [Colonel Robert Gould Shaw]: Shot to death by Confederate soldiers while storming the fort; his body is shown again after the battle when all of the bodies are put in a mass grave, with his body next to Denzel Washington's and Andre Braugher's.
- The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (1998; animated) [Simba]: In a dream sequence, he is thrown to his death by Kovu (Jason Marsden) after being changed from Scar (Jim Cummings), but not before Mufasa (James Earl Jones) has fallen. (He survives in reality.)
- Inspector Gadget (1999) [John Brown/Inspector Gadget/RoboGadget]: Playing three roles, Matthew dies thrice in the film. "John" Brown dies in an explosion after a chase and confrontation with Rupert Everett (who loses his hand) in the aftermath, whilst wanting Matthew to smoke. He is brought back to life (off-camera) by unseen paramedics and is revealed to be alive by Joely Fisher. "Gadget" dies after losing the chip to Rupert before being dragged into the junkyard by Mike Hagerty. He is (again) brought back to life after Michelle Trachtenberg said that he doesn't need the chip. "Robo-Gadget" had his head decapitated (although not gruesomely) by "Gadget", and is thrown in the river. (Played for comic effect.)
TV Deaths Edit
- BoJack Horseman: Time's Arrow (2017) [Joseph Sugarman]: Dies off-screen likely of old age/natural causes during the course of the episode.
- Daybreak: FWASH-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! (2019) [Michael Burr]: Dies of anaphylactic shock after Colin Ford impales him with a sword covered in peanut butter as Matthew is about to kill Sophie Simnett.
- Son of James Broderick
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.