Matthew Broderick (1962 - )
Deaths in Film
- Glory (1989) [Colonel Robert Gould Shaw]: Shot to death by Confederate soldiers while storming the fort; his body is shown again after the battle when all of the bodies are put in a mass grave, with his body next to Denzel Washington's and Andre Braugher's.
- The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (1998; animated) [Simba]: In a dream sequence, he is thrown to his death by Kovu (Jason Marsden) after being changed from Scar (Jim Cummings), but not before Mufasa (James Earl Jones) has fallen. (He survives in reality.)
- Inspector Gadget (1999) [John Brown/Inspector Gadget/RoboGadget]: Playing three roles, Matthew dies thrice in the film. "John" Brown dies in an explosion after a chase with Rupert Everett after he flips his car, causing it to slide on it's roof until it hits a signpost, causing a sign of fall and trap Everett's car, who blows up his car with a stick of dynamite disguised as a cigar while pretending to surrender. The explosion throws a bowling bowl up into the air from the car which lands on and crushes Everett's hand beyond repair. He is brought back to life (off-camera) by unseen paramedics and is revealed to be alive by Joely Fisher. "Gadget" dies after losing the chip to Rupert before being dragged into the junkyard by Mike Hagerty. He is (again) brought back to life after Michelle Trachtenberg said that he doesn't need the chip. "Robo-Gadget" had his head decapitated (although not gruesomely) by "Gadget", and is thrown in the river. (Played for comic effect.)
- BoJack Horseman: Time's Arrow (2017) [Joseph Sugarman]: Dies off-screen likely of old age/natural causes during the course of the episode.
- Daybreak: FWASH-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! (2019) [Michael Burr]: Dies of anaphylactic shock after Colin Ford impales him with a sword covered in peanut butter as Matthew is about to kill Sophie Simnett.
Matthew Broderick's animated dream death in The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (1998; animated)
- Son of James Broderick