Matt Dillon (1964 - )
- Over the Edge (1979) [Richie]: Shot to death by Harry Northup when Matt pulls a gun on him.
- The Outsiders (1983) [Dallas 'Dally' Winston]: Shot to death by police when he points an unloaded gun at them after a grocery-store robbery.
- Kansas (1988) [Doyle Kennedy]: Crashes his car after being shot by police during a chase; he dies shortly after staggering out of the car. (It's unclear whether it was the crash or the gunshot wound that killed him.)
- A Kiss Before Dying (1991) [Jonathan Corliss]: Hit by a train while chasing Sean Young through a trainyard.
- To Die For (1995) [Larry Maretto]: Shot to death by Joaquin Phoenix and Casey Affleck after they break into his home (acting on Nicole Kidman's instructions).
- Wild Things (1998) [Sam Lombardo]: Knocked overboard by the sail of the ship, after he's been poisoned by Neve Campbell; his body is shown floating in the water afterwards. (It's unclear whether it's the poison, the impact, or drowning that actually kills him.)
- Deuces Wild (2002) [Fritzy]: Possibly dies when a cart full of bricks fall on him being thrown by Brad Renfro. The scene cuts before the bricks actually hit him.
- Employee of the Month (2004) [David Walsh]: Shot in the head by Andrea Bendewald in his hotel room. We only see Andrea firing during the actual murder; his body is shown lying on the floor afterwards as he continues to narrate the movie from beyond the grave.
- Armored (2009) [Mike Cochrone]: Killed in a car crash when he drives into a hole in the floor while he's trying to run down Columbus Short (he dies as Columbus goes to check on him).
- Takers (2010) [Jack Welles]: Possibly dies (off screen) from his injuries after being shot by T.I.; we last see him calling 911, so his death is possible.
- Pawn Shop Chronicles (2013) [Richard]: Stabbed repeatedly by Pell James, causing their car to get in a wreck that killed them both instantly.
- Bad Country (2013) [Jesse Weiland]: Mortally wounded after being stabbed in the side repeatedly in a knife fight with Tom Berenger. After Willem Dafoe intervenes and subdues Tom, he kneels by his side as Matt dies from his wound (his character is later mentioned at the end as Willem Dafoe reads an obituary).
- The House That Jack Built (2018) [Jack]: Falls to his death into the fires of Hell.
- Capone (2020) [Johnny]: Stabbed repeatedly in the throat by Gino Cafarelli on Tom Hardy's orders, as seen in a flashback. Matt appears to Tom throughout the film as a figment of his imagination.
- Wayward Pines: Cycle (2015) [Ethan Burke]: Commits suicide by blowing himself up when he set off a detonator in the elevator as the aberrations attack it.
- Brother of Kevin Dillon
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.