Matt Damon (1970 - )
- Titan A.E. (2000; animated) [Cale Tucker]: Shot in the chest by Dredg aliens; this turns out to be a dream sequence. (He survives the film in reality)
- The Majestic (2001) [Luke Trimble]: Killed (off-screen) in World War II, years before the movie begins. (Matt does not actually appear in the movie, except for his voice-over in a letter that Jim Carrey reads.)
- The Brothers Grimm (2005) [Will Grimm]: Falls to his death at the end of a struggle with Petr Vrsek; he is later revived when his brother (Heath Ledger) uses an Italian curse to bring him back to life.
- Elysium (2013) [Max]: Sacrifices himself after he lets Wagner Moura download all of the information from his head, triggering William Fichtner's lethal failsafe device and killing him instantly.
- Interstellar (2014) [Dr. Mann]: Killed in an explosion due to his ship depressurizing because he didn't secure the airlock while trying to board the Endurance.
- Suburbicon (2017) [Gardner Lodge]: Accidentally poisoned when he eats a sandwich and drinks milk intended for Noah Jupe, containing an excess of crushed sleeping pills that Julianne Moore had placed in an attempt to kill Noah. His body is seen lying down on the kitchen table as Noah watches TV.
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) [Actor Loki]: In a play within the film, Matt reenacts Tom Hiddleston's faked death in Thor: The Dark World (2013), as Chris Hemsworth and Anthony Hopkins watch on; Matt presumably survives the film in reality. (Played for comic effect.)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) [Actor Loki]: Damon does not appear in the film but it was confirmed by directors that his character from Thor: Ragnarok was among those who disintegrated when Josh Brolin used the Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half of all life in the universe. He is later resurrected when Mark Ruffalo uses the Infinity Stones to bring all the people disintigrated out of existence back to life in Avengers: Endgame (2019).
Note: while Glen Campbell's La Boeuf's character dies in the 1969 version of True Grit, Damon's character lives in the 2010 film version.
- Saturday Night Live (December 10, 2011) [Host/Various Characters]: In the 'Best Friends' sketch, Damon shoots himself in the middle of a game of Russian Roulette with Andy Samberg, Katy Perry & Val Kilmer. (Played for comic effect.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.