Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Mark Hamill (1951 - )
- Wizards (1977; animated) [Sean]: Providing the voice of a Fairy, Mark is shot to death, centermass, by one of Steve Gravers' assassins as he is talking with Bob Holt.
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) [Luke Skywalker]: In a dream sequence, Hamill is decapitated by the normal Hamill while dressed as Darth Vader.
- Britannia Hospital (1982) [Red]: Beaten to death off-screen by a mob during a riot. We only see the crowd pulling him out of his van, followed by a shot of a crowbar being raised in the air.
- Laputa: Castle In The Sky (Tenkû no shiro Rapyuta) (1986; animated) [Muska]: Falls to his death/drowns after having been partially blinded by James Van Der Beek and Anna Paquin. The pair recite a spell that causes the structure Mark is standing on to collapse and plunge into the ocean. (See also Minori Terada in the Japanese version and Jeff Winkless in the first English version.)
- Fall of the Eagles (La chute des aigles) (1989) [Peter Froehlich] Dies of his wounds in the hospital.
- Slipstream (1989) [Will Tasker]: Killed in a plane crash/explosion when his glider crashes into the mountain.
- Midnight Ride (1990) [Justin McKay]: Electrocuted by Michael Dudikoff after being set on fire when thrown over a railing onto an electric generator after a lengthy chase/struggle. He is later revived off-screen by hospital staff and dies once again when Michael shoots him in the head with a concealed gun after the seemingly comatose Mark attacks Michael and Savina Gersak in an elevator with a surgical blade. Mark's body is later seen when he slides onto the floor.
- The Guyver (Mutronics) (1991) [Max Reed]: Killed after being transformed into a giant insect-creature by David Gale.
- Silk Degrees (Target Witness) (1994) [Johnson]: Killed by Katherine Armstrong.
- Village of the Damned (1995) [Reverend George]: Shoots himself under the chin after the alien children use their mind-control powers to force him to turn his rifle on himself (the actual shot is only heard and not seen). (see also Thomas Heathcote in the 1960 version)
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (2000; animated) [The Joker/Jordan Prince]: As "The Joker", he is electrocuted when he accidentally activates a switch after being knocked into a water tank; we only hear him scream from off-camera. He "returns" as an artificial-intelligence being, and is destroyed by Will Friedle fries the microchip. In the Director's Cut, the human "Joker" was shot in the chest with his own joke-gun's "Bang" flag by Matthew Valencia.
- Gen 13 (2000; animated) [Threshold/Matthew Callahan]: Crushed by a landslide after he chooses to stay behind after saving his sister Caitlin (Alicia Witt).
- Ultimate Avengers 2 (2006; animated) [Dr.Oiler]: Disintegrated by the Chitauri when he attempted to flee after killing Michael Massee.
- Afro Samurai: Resurrection (2009 animated movie) [Bin/Oden Shop Master]: "Bin" is decapitated with a kick by Afro Samuel L. Jackson on top of having his arm cut off and being impaled. (The "Oden Shop Master" survives the movie.)
- Sushi Girl (2012) [Crow] Shot to death by Tony Todd after being critically wounded in a shoot-out with Andy Mackenzie.
- Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015) [Professor James Arnold]: Head explodes when a chip implanted in his body is set to self-destruct by Samuel L. Jackson just as Colin Firth begins to interrogate Mark.
- Batman: The Killing Joke (2016; animated) [The Joker]: Neck possibly snapped off-screen by Kevin Conroy after they share a laugh at Mark's joke; the ending of the film leaves his fate ambiguous.
- Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017) [Luke Skywalker]: Dies after excerting his body with the power of the Force following a showdown with Adam Driver. His body vanishes as he dies. (Mark returned as Luke's Force Spirit in Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker).
- Child's Play (2019) [Chucky]: As the voice and motion capture of AI 'Buddi' Toy doll, Hamill as Chucky is initially powered down by having his main power core forcefully removed by Beatrice Kitsos, Gabriel Bateman and Ty Consiglio. He is later restored by Trent Redekop replacing said core. At Zed-Mart he is finally destroyed completely as Aubrey Plaza, Brian Tyree Henry and Gabriel decapitate Chucky, by ripping his head from his body having first stabbed and shot him to no effect. The remains of his body is then later smashed in a nearby alley by Gabriel, Beatrice, Ty and Marlon Kazadi. Despite their efforts however, it's shown he managed to transfer his mind into another AI 'Buddi' Toy doll.
- Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) [Boolio/Luke Skywalker]: Playing both the voice of an alien and the ghost of his previous character, "Boolio" is murdered off-screen by the First Order; his decapitated head is seen when Adam Driver brings into to a meeting of his Supreme Council.
- Body Bags (1993 TV) [Brent Matthews (segment "Eye")]: Stabs himself in the eye with a set of shears after his donated eye takes control of him in order to stop himself from killing Twiggy. His body is later seen when the zombie John Carpenter unzips the body bag containing him.
- SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron: The Ghost Pilot (1993; animated) [The Red Lynx]: Voicing the ghost of a dead Cat, who died after being shot down by Jim Cummings's great grandfather, but returns as a ghost to seek revenge. He is later destroy again by Charlie Adler, Barry Gordon, and Jim.
- When Time Expires (1997 TV) [Bill Thermot, Beck's Former Partner]: Shot repeatedly by Richard Grieco during a shoot-out. His body disappearing back in time as he dies.
- The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest: General Winter (1997; animated) [General Vostok]: Killed in a explosion by a torpedo while in his submarine.
- Totally Spies: Soul Collector (2002; animated) [Principal John Smith]: Dissolved into dust after the big crystal he used to steal youth is destroyed during a fight with Jennifer Hale.
- Justice League: The Terror Beyond Part II (2003; animated) [Solomon Grundy]: Fatally wounded by a combination of being stung by a sting ray creature and being hit by an energy blast by Rob Zombie, he then later dies in Maria Canals' arms.
- Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!: I, Chiro (2005; animated) [Skeleton King] Decapitated after Greg Cipes pulls his head off while being attached to a giant worm. He is resurrected in the season 4 finale, Soul of Evil.
- Regular Show: Stick Hockey (2011; animated) [Skips/Dave]: In the flashback sequence "Dave" gets decapitated with Stick Hockey bars by Chong (Sam Marin). "Skips" survives the episode.
- Robot Chicken: Catch Me If You Kangaroo Jack (2011; animated) [The Joker]: Head exploded after being executed in the electric chair Seth Green and Keith Ferguson sabotaged Mark's execution by removing the sponges used to conduit electricity.
- Generator Rex: Remote Control (2012; animated) [Quarry]: Smashed into smaller pieces by Rex (voiced by Daryl Sabara). His remains are later pick up by Providence.
- Criminal Minds: The Replicator (2013) [John Curtis]: Killed in an explosion after Joe Mantegna blocks the door to the room that he's trapped in & escapes leaving Hamill in.
- Adventure Time: Billy's Bucket List (2014; animated) [Fear Feaster/Joshua]: Playing the voice of ghostly manifestation of Jeremy Shada's fears, the "Fear Feaster" is sliced in half with a grass sword by Finn, causing him to fade from existence. "Joshua" survives the episode
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Sacrifice (2014)] [Darth Bane]: Died thousands of years ago, he also appears as a vision to Tom Kane.
- Ben 10: Omniverse (2014; animated) [Maltraunt]: Ben 10/Feedback (voiced by Yuri Lowenthal) blew him up
- Gravity Falls: Into the Bunker (2014; animated) [The Shapeshifter]: Trapped in a freezing chamber by Jason Ritter, Linda Cardellini, Kristen Schaal and Alex Hirsch and freezes to death.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: End Times (2017; animated) [Kavaxas]: Sent back to the underworld by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Robot Chicken: Bugs Keith in: I Can't Call Heaven, Doug (2019) [The Joker / Chuck E. Cheese / Boris Badenov]: Playing multiple roles, "The Joker" is killed in an explosion along with Ross Marquand by a bomb he brings into Ross' car. "Chuck E. Cheese" burns to death along with Milana Vayntrub in a fire caused by an animatronic malfunctioning. "Boris Badenov" survives the episode. (Played for comic effect.)
Deaths in Video Games
- Full Throttle (1995) [Adrian Ripburger / Emmet / Todd Newlan]: Playing multiple roles, "Adrian Ripburger" falls to his death when the license plate he is clinging to breaks off the front of his truck, causing him to tumble into the gorge below. "Emmet" is killed in an explosion after the Cavefish gang plant a bomb on the cab of his truck. "Todd Newlan" survives the game.
- Wing Commander: Prophecy (1997) [Blair]: Presumably killed in an explosion off-screen when the tower Mark is inside of is destroyed; he last seen fighting an alien monster before the explosion.
- Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix (2002) [Assistant Director Aaron Wilson]: Killed in an explosion when Todd Susman destroys Mark's helicopter during the final gun battle.
- Darksiders (2010) [The Watcher]: Head crushed in Liam O'Brien's hand.
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (2010) [Master Eraqus]: Stabbed in the back by Leonard Nimoy while Mark is talking to Jason Dohring.
- Batman: Arkham City (2011) [The Joker]: Succumbs to a fatal case of blood poisoning contracted during the events of Arkham Asylum after accidentally breaking the only vial of antidote during a struggle with Kevin Conroy.
- Batman: Arkham Knight (2015) [The Joker] Playing a hallucinatory version of the Joker existing only within Kevin Conroy's mind, Mark is finally erased after being given a dose of John Noble's fear toxin, allowing Kevin to regain control and lock him away in an mental recreation of Arkham Asylum, where he presumably ceases to exist. For good measure, Kevin apparently commits suicide via activating the Knightfall protocol shortly afterwards, ensuring that Mark dies with him.
Father of Nathan Hamill and Chelsea Hamill
Husband of Marilou York