Marcello Mastroianni (1924 - 1996)
- 8 1/2 (Otto e mezzo) (1963) [Guido Anselmi]: Shoots himself in the head, but it turns out this was just part of a hallucination he was having (Marcello survives the film in reality).
- The Man with the Balloons (L'Uomo dei cinque palloni) (1965) [Mario]: Commits suicide by jumping from a window, landing on Ugo Tognazzi's car.
- Ghosts, Italian Style (Questi fantasmi) (1968) [Ghost]: Executed (off-screen) by beheading, centuries before the story begins; his ghost appears (carrying his severed head) when Vittorio Gassman and Sophia Loren move into the haunted castle at the end of the movie. (Played for comic effect.)
- La Grande bouffe (The Big Feast; Blow-Out) (1973) [Marcello]: Frozen to death (off-screen) while sitting in his car outside in the snow; his body is shown afterwards when Andréa Ferréol, Philippe Noiret, Michel Piccoli and Ugo Tognazzi discover him.
- Massacre In Rome (1973) [Father Pietro Antonelli]: As Richard Burton and his soldiers go along a long line of Italians shooting them in the back of the head, he is horrified to find his friend Marcello is his last victim but is forced to kill him. (Thanks to Brian)
- Allonsanfan (1974) [Fulvio Imbriani]: Shot to death, along with the other revolutionaries, in a battle with soldiers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.