Man of Steel (2013)
Director: Zack Snyder
Clark Kent (Henry Cavill), one of the last of an extinguished race disguised as an unremarkable human, is forced to reveal his identity when Earth is invaded by an army of survivors who threaten to bring the planet to the brink of destruction.
- Richard Cetrone [Tor-An]
- Kevin Costner [Jonathan Kent]
- Russell Crowe [Jor-El]
- Revard Dufresne [Dev-Em]
- Mackenzie Gray [Jax-Ur]
- Christopher Meloni [Colonel Nathan Hardy]
- Julian Richings [Lor-Em]
- Richard Schiff [Dr. Emil Hamilton]
- Michael Shannon [General Zod]
- Unknown Actor [Nam-Ek]
- Mary Black [Ro-Zar]
- Samantha Jo [Car-Vex]
- Antje Traue [Faora-ul]
- Apollonia Vanova [Nadira]
- Ayelet Zurer [Lara Lor-Van]
- The film released in June 2013, the 75th anniversary of Superman.
- Viggo Mortensen was considered to play General Zod.
- In the final fight scene between General Zod and Superman, Bruce Wayne's logo and company name (Wayne Financial) can be seen on the satellite that is destroyed during combat.
- Henry Cavill and Russell Crowe had met years prior to playing father and son when Henry was an extra in Proof of Life (2000), and received words of encouragement to pursue acting, and an autographed picture from Crowe, who was his favorite actor.
- Matthew Goode, Armie Hammer, Matt Bomer, Joe Manganiello, Zac Efron, and Colin O'Donoghue were on the final shortlist for the lead role. Henry Cavill was finally cast. He was the front runner to play Superman in another Superman movie (working title: Flyby) but the movie failed to be greenlit, and Brandon Routh was cast in Superman Returns (2006) instead. Cavill was also a runner-up to Daniel Craig for the James Bond role in Casino Royale (2006), Christian Bale for Bruce Wayne a.k.a. Batman in Batman Begins (2005).