We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Malcolm McDowell (1943 - )
- Voyage of the Damned (1976) [Max Gunter]: Commits suicide, along with Lynne Frederick, by drinking poisoned wine. Their bodies are shown afterwards when Max von Sydow enters Malcolm's cabin and discovers them.
- Time After Time (1979) [H.G. Wells]: Died (off-screen) from unspecified causes on 13 August 1946. His death is reported by the on-screen text at the end of the film.
- Caligula (1979) [Caligula, Gaius Germanicus Caesar]: Stabbed in the stomach with a sword by Paolo Bonacelli, then stabbed repeatedly with spears by Paolo's soldiers, on the steps of the senate.
- The Passage (1979) [Von Berkow]: Dies of his wounds in a cabin that he sustained from an avalanche.
- Britannia Hospital (1982) [Mick Travis]: Decapitated (off-screen) on the operating table by Graham Crowden, who then attaches his head onto a new Frankenstein-like body. After coming back to life, he dies once again when his head comes off at the stitches during a struggle with Graham. (Nudity alert: Full frontal)
- Cat People (1982) [Paul Gallier]: Shot to death (while in his leopard form) by Annette O'Toole when he attacks John Heard. His body (still in its leopard form) disintegrates when John starts to perform a necropsy on it.
- Blue Thunder (1983) [Colonel F.E. Cochrane]: Killed in an explosion when Roy Scheider fires a missile at Malcolm's helicopter. (Thanks to Robert)
- The Caller (1987) [The Caller]: Playing a robot he is destroyed by Madolyn Smith Osborne. However, the film ends with a version 2.0 coming into the film to replace the first one.
- Sunset (1988) [Alfie Alperin]: Shot to death by James Garner. (Thanks to Fred)
- Class of 1999 (1990) [Dr. Miles Longford]: Choked to death when two of the robot teachers (John P. Ryan and Patrick Kilpatrick) stick their fingers down his throat. (Thanks to Robert)
- Moon 44 (Intruder) (1990) [Major Lee]: Killed in an explosion when Michael Pare throws Malcolm's own bomb into the elevator. (Thanks to Robert)
- Happily Ever After (1990; animated) [Lord Maliss]: Petrified/turned to stone when Thunderella (voiced by Tracey Ullman ) uses her telekenetics to throw his petrifying cloak over him before he can kill Snow White (voiced by Irene Cara ). He turns to stone as he is in mid transformation between his human and dragon form.
- Star Trek: Generations (1994) [Dr. Tolian Soran]: Killed in an explosion after Patrick Stewart sabotages Malcolm's missile-launcher, as vengeance for killing William Shatner.
- Cyborg 3: The Creation (1995) [Lord Talon]: Electrocuted by Richard Lynch.
- Exquisite Tenderness (1995) [Dr Stein]: Throat crushed (off-screen) by Sean Haberle wrapping a chain round his neck. His body is later seen when Isabel Glasser and James Remar discover him hanging from a metal pole.
- Fist of the North Star (1995) [Ryuken]: Shot to death by Costas Mandylor; we only see Costas firing. Malcolm narrates the film from beyond the grave, and occasionally appears as a ghost afterwards. (Thanks to ND)
- Tank Girl (1995) [Donald Kesslee]: Dehydrated when Lori Petty stabs him in the chest with his own water-draining device. (He's in a cyborg body with a holographic head at this point.) (Thanks to Patrick)
- Garden of Evil (The Gardener; Silent Screams) (1998) [Ben Carter]: Shot in the chest by Richard Grieco, causing Malcolm to fall arm-first into a woodchipper. (Thanks to BK)
- Gangster No. 1 (2000) [Gangster 55]: Commits suicide by jumping from a rooftop. (Thanks to Dave and Graeme)
- I Spy (2002) [Arnold Gundars]: Shot in the back by Famke Janssen while trying to escape the big shoot-out.
- I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (2003) [Boad]: Shot in the head (off-camera) by Clive Owen in his garage, the scene fades from a close-up by a black screen as we hear a shot. (Thanks to Vlabor and Graeme)
- Evilenko (2004) [Andrej Romanovic Evilenko]: Executed by firing squad (off-screen). We are informed by the text at the end of the movie.
- Halloween (2007) [Dr. Sam Loomis]: Head squeezed by Tyler Mane after trying to reason with him. He survives the alternate ending. (Note: His character returns in the 2009 sequel, having survived, but I'll list it as it was intended as a death.)
- Halloween II (2009) [Dr. Sam Loomis]: Stabbed repeatedly in the face and chest by Tyler Mane in a shack after trying to reason with him while Scout Taylor-Compton looks on in horror. In the alternate ending, Tyler stabs him once in the stomach outside the shack.
- Silent Hill: Revelation (2012) (Silent Hill: Revelation 3D) [Leonard Wolf]: Dies when Adelaide Clemens extracts the whole amulet (having shot him repeatedly to no effect) causing him to spontaneously combust (while Malcolm is in his monster form).
- Silent Night (2012) [Sheriff Cooper]: Burned to death with a flamethrower by Rick Skene. His body is shown again later on when Jaime King discovers him. (Thanks to Tim)
- Shock Value (2014) [Edmund Dean Huntley]: Stabbed to death by Anthony Bravo, while Michelle Campbell and Rick Shapiro look on.
- Some Kind of Beautiful (2014) [Professor Gordon Haig]: Dies (off-screen) of an unspecified illness; we last see Malcolm in the hospital as he talks to his son (Pierce Brosnan) before it cuts to Pierce looking at his memorial plaque.
- Mississippi Murder (2017) [McGowen]: Falls out of a window along with Christopher Emerson, after a massive struggle.
- Death Race 2050 (2017) [Chairman]: Decapitated (off-screen) when Manu Bennett hits Malcolm with his car.
- American Satan (2017) [Mr. Capricorn/The Devil]: Shot in the head by Andy Biersack while on live stage during a rock concert. However, he possibly returns as Arthur Roberts' character, who happens to be the father of Drake Bell's character.
- The Big Ugly (2020) [Harris]: Shot to death by Ron Perlman during a showdown. He manages to shot Perlman before dying himself.
- Seasons of the Heart (1994 TV) [Alfred McGuinness]: Killed in a car accident while driving drunk; his body is shown afterwards when Eric Lloyd sees him. (Thanks to ND)
- Aladdin: Beast or Famine (1994; animated) [Shaman]: Devoured and disintegrated by his shadow creature, after ceasing to have Genie (voiced by Dan Castellaneta)'s powers, when his staff of powers is breaking.
- Lexx: Giga Shadow (1997) [Yottskry]: Stabbed in the neck when a cleric throws a knife at him; his body is shown again afterwards when Eva Habermann and Michael McManus discover him. His body is later reanimated by "proto-blood," and he is then absorbed into the Giga Shadow's brain (which is later eaten by a lizard). (Thanks to Stephen)
- The David Cassidy Story (2000) [Jack Cassidy]: Burned to death (off-screen) when his house gets caught on fire. We learn about his death when Andrew Kavovit was informed about the news.
- Island of the Dead (2000; TV movie) [Rupert King]: Killed by a swarm of flies. (Thanks to Gary)
- Firestarter 2: Rekindled (2002 TV miniseries) [John Rainbird]: Incinerated by Marguerite Moreau's pyrokinetic powers, after Malcolm kills Danny Nucci. (Thanks to Sarah)
- The Curse of King Tut's Tomb (2006; TV movie) [Nathan Cairns]: Incinerated by Jonathan Hyde's powers during a meeting.
- 'Heroes: Landslide (2007) [Daniel Linderman]: Killed when Leonard Roberts phases his fist through Malcolm's head, leaving a hole in Malcolm's skull. (Thanks to Neil and Aaron)
- The Mentalist: Fire & Brimstone (2013) [Bret Stiles]: Killed in an explosion at the home of Simon Baker along with Reed Diamond when Baker holds him, Reed, Xander Berkeley, Michael Gaston & Drew Powell at gunpoint. His death is revealed in the next episode The Great Red Dragon.
- Star Wars: Rebels: A World between Worlds (2018; animated) [Minister Hydan]: Killed when the Lothal Jedi temple collides.
- Castlevania: The Endings (2021) [Varney/Death]: Playing the voice of 'Varney' he is stabbed in the head by Trevor Belmont (voiced by Richard Armitage), causing him to explode in the process.
Video Game Death:
- Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom (1996) [Admiral Geoffrey Tolwyn]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by hanging himself in his prison cell. (Thanks to Graeme)
- Mummy: Tomb Of The Pharaoh (1996) [Stuart Davenport]: Apparently killed (off-screen) through supernatural means when his attempt to use the crystal backfired. His body was never found although a man in the Amazon jungle searching for Incan treasure fits Malcom's description.
- Fallout 3 (2008) [President John Henry Eden]: Providing the voice of a computer, Malcolm is killed when the player character forces him to self-destruct.