Mako Iwamatsu (1933 - 2006)
- The Sand Pebbles (1966) [Po-han]: Shot in the chest by Steve McQueen, as a mercy killing while Mako is being tortured by Chinese nationalists.
- The Challenge (1970) [Yuro]: Killed, along with Darren McGavin (though I don't know the details).
- Under the Rainbow (1981) [Nakomuri]: Shot in the chest by Robert Donner, as Mako simultaneously shoots Robert with a special camera-gun. (The whole story turns out to be Cork Hubbert's dream; I can't recall whether or not Mako was shown to have a real-world counterpart after Cork wakes up, or whether his character existed only in Cork's dream.) (Played for comic effect.)
- Testament (1983) [Mike]: Dies of radiation poisoning from the fallout of a nuclear attack.
- Armed Response (1986) [Akira Tanaka]:
- P.O.W. The Escape (Behind Enemy Lines) (1986) [Capt. Vinh] Impaled through the heart by David Carradine .
- Silent Assassins (1988) [Oyama]: Mortally wounded by Gustav Vintas' thugs. He dies later while is talking to Phillip Rhee.
- The Perfect Weapon (1991) [Kim]: Skull crushed (off-screen) after being head butted by Professor Toru Tanaka.
- Highlander III: The Sorcerer (1994) [Nakano]: Decapitated at the end of a sword fight by Mario Van Peebles as Christopher Lambert looks on in shock; his severed head shouts out a warning before dying.
- Crying Freeman (1995) [Shido Shimazaki]: Killed (I believe shot or slashed/stabbed to death) by Mark Dacascos.
- Bulletproof Monk (2003) [Mr. Kojima]: Strangled with a reel of film by Victoria Smurfit; his body is shown again later on when Seann William Scott discovers him.
- Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) [Sakamoto]: Dies off-screen of an unknown cause. His death is mentioned to Ziyi Zhang.
- Rise (Rise: Blood Hunter) (2007) [Poe]: Shot in the chest with a crossbow bolt by Lucy Liu, after he tells her where to find James D'Arcy. (The film was released a year after Mako's real life death). (Thanks to Eric)
- The Time Tunnel: Kill Two by Two (1967) [Lt. Nakamura]: Shot by an American marine Sargent (Brent Davis) on a Pacific island as he was aiming his rifle at James Darren and Robert Colbert; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Robert.
- Touch of Death (1977 TV) [Mr. Yamaguchi]: Commits suicide by jumping through a high rise building window rather than be arrested as Irene Yah-Ling Sun and Jack Klugman look on in shock.
- The Incredible Hulk: The Disciple (1979) [Li Sung]: Dies in Dr. David Banner's (Bill Bixby) arms after having one last conversation with Banner.
Video Game DeathsEdit
- True Crime: Streets of LA (2003) [General Han Yu Kim]: Beaten to death by Russell Wong in the game's good ending. In the game's bad ending, he commits suicide by falling backwards off the heliport of a building. He survives in the average ending.
- Mr. Shizuko Hoshi.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.