Mahershala Ali (1974 - )
a.k.a. Mahershalalhashbaz Ali
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) [Tizzy]: Dies (off-screen) of old age/natural causes; we learn of his death afterwards when Taraji P. Henson informs Brad Pitt.
- Predators (2010) [Mombasa]: Impaled by spears in a booby-trap set up by a Predator, while the rest of the survivors look on in shock.
- Supremacy (2014) [Deputy Rivers]: Shot to death by Joe Anderson.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (2015) [Boggs]: Dies of blood loss after having his legs blown off as a result of accidentally stepping on a land mine; he dies while talking to Jennifer Lawrence.
- Free State of Jones (2016) [Moses]: Executed by hanging (off-screen). His body is shown when Matthew McConaughey discovers him.
- Moonlight (2016) [Juan]: Dies (off screen) due to unmentioned circumstances during the first time jump in the film. His death is briefly mentioned in a conversation between Ashton Sanders and Naomie Harris.
- Green Book (2018) [Don Shirley]: Dies off-screen of heart disease years after the events of the film. His death is mentioned in the ending title cards, where it is mentioned that he died within months of Viggo Mortensen in 2013.
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) [Aaron Davis/Prowler]: Shot in the back by Kingpin (voiced by Liev Schreiber) after Ali refuses to kill his nephew Miles (voiced by Shameik Moore) who reveals his true identity to Ali. He dies with Shameik by his side.
- Alcatraz: Clarence Montgomery (2012) [Clarence Montgomery (#2214)]: Shot in the chest and stomach with a shotgun by Glynn Turman after Ali begs him to fire having been brainwashed by Leon Rippley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.