Luther Adler (1903 - 1984)
- Cornered (1945) [Marcel Jarnac]: Beaten to death by Dick Powell. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Magic Face (1951) [Rudi Janus/Adolf Hitler]: Playing a dual role, "Hitler" is murdered by his lookalike "Rudi", who then takes his place. (Needless to say, this film is not intended to be historically accurate).
- M (1951, directed by Joseph Losey) [Dan Langley]: As alcoholic attorney Langley, he is shot to death by Los Angeles mob boss Charlie Marshall (Martin Gabel) when Luther, arguing for the defense of child-killer Martin W. "M" Harrow (David Wayne), refuses to endorse the lynching encouraged by Charlie and the other criminals, who resent M's serial-killing having brought police pressure on their criminal enterprises. The movie itself was a remake of the 1931 German classic directed by Fritz Lang and starring Peter Lorre as the serial-killer chased down by Berlin criminals, who also resent his having brought police heat on them.
- Hoodlum Empire (1952) [Nick Mansani]: Accidentally shot to death during a struggle with Forrest Tucker, after Luther shoots Claire Trevor.
- Crazy Joe (1974) [Falco]: Dies after a long terminal illness while inside an iron lung.
- Voyage of the Damned (1976) [Professor Weiler]: Dies of a heart attack (off-screen) in his cabin. His body is shown afterwards when Oskar Werner is brought in to confirm his cause of death, which the crew leaves his wife (Wendy Hiller) alone with him to grieve.
- Brother of Stella Adler and Jay Adler.
- Ex-Mr. Sylvia Sidney.
- Mr. Julia Roche.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.