Louis Calhern (1895 - 1956)
- Frisco Jenny (1932) [Steve Dutton]: Shot to death by Ruth Chatterton.
- Diplomaniacs (1933) [Winklereid]: Killed in an explosion (along with Billy Bletcher, Neely Edwards, Teddy Hart and William Irving) when William accidentally drops an explosive bullet while they're all plotting against Bert Wheeler and Robert Woolsey; we see a flash of light and smoke, followed by a shot of their hats still hovering in mid-air. (Played for comic effect.)
- The Woman Accused (1933) [Leo Young]: Bludgeoned to death with a statue by Nancy Carroll, after he threatens to have Cary Grant killed.
- The Man with Two Faces (1934) [Stanley Vance]: Poisoned by Edward G. Robinson while talking to him in Robinson's hotel room.
- The Arizonian (1935) [Sheriff Jake Mannen]: Shot to death by Etta McDaniel just as Louis is about to shoot Richard Dix.
- The Last Days of Pompeii (1935) [Prefect (Allus Martius)]: Crushed to death (along with his soldiers) when a piece of wall from Pompeii's city wall collapses on them as they try to shoot arrows at escaping boats.
- Heaven Can Wait (1943) [Randolph Van Cleve]: Dies (off-screen) of unspecified natural causes, during the passage of time between scenes; his death is confirmed in a conversation between his wife (Spring Byington) and son (Don Ameche).
- The Asphalt Jungle (1950) [Alonzo D. Emmerich]: Commits suicide by shooting himself (off-camera) as the police are trying to figure out his scheme.
- Devil's Doorway (1950) [Verne Coolan]: Strangled by Robert Taylor.
- Julius Caesar (1953) [Julius Caesar]: Stabbed repeatedly by the conspirators in the Senate chamber, starting with Edmond O'Brien and ending with James Mason. His body is shown again later when Marlon Brando carries it out onto the steps to address the crowd.
- The Prodigal (1955) [Nahreeb]: Stabbed in the neck when James Mitchell throws a knife at him, while Louis is chasing James in his chariot.
- Ex-husband of Ilka Chase
- Ex-husband of Natalie Schafer
- Ex-husband of Marianne Stewart