Lon Chaney (1883 - 1930)
Film Deaths: Edit
- The Ace of Hearts (1921) [Mr. Farallone]: Killed in an explosion, along with the rest of the conspirators, when he sets off a bomb at their headquarters. Lon's hand is shown lying in the rubble afterwards.
- Bits of Life (1921) [Chin Chow]: Accidentally stabbed in the head while sleeping in his bunk, when his neighbor nails a crucifix to the wall between them and the spike goes through the wall.
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923) [Quasimodo]: Stabbed in the back in the bell tower.
- He Who Gets Slapped (1924) [Paul Beaumont, a.k.a. He]: Stabbed in the chest by Tully Marshall in the circus office; he survives long enough to get revenge (by releasing a lion into the office), stagger into the circus ring, and complete one final performance, then dies in Norma Shearer's arms.
- The Monster (1925) [Dr. Gustave Ziska]: Killed when Walter James activates Lon's soul-transference machine while Lon is strapped in, with nobody attached to the other side for Lon's consciousness to be transferred into. (Thanks to Anton)
- The Phantom of the Opera (1925) [Erik, the Phantom]: Drowned when a lynch mob throws him into the river (after beating him severely); we only see him disappear beneath the water.
- Mr. Wu (1927) [Mr. Wu/Mr. Wu's Grandfather]: Playing a dual role, "Grandfather" dies (off-screen) of old age/natural causes; "Mr. Wu" is stabbed to death by Louise Dresser after he threatens to have her son (Ralph Forbes) killed.
- The Unknown (1927) [Alonzo the Armless]: Trampled to death by a horse on the stage, after he pushes Joan Crawford out of the horse's path.
- Laugh, Clown, Laugh (1928) [Tito Beppi, a.k.a. Flik]: Fatally injured in a (possibly suicidal) fall from a high-wire while rehearsing his act in an empty theatre; he dies in Bernard Siegel's arms shortly afterwards.
- West of Zanzibar (1928) ['Dead-Legs' Phroso]: Burned to death (off-screen) by the natives; we only see the ceremonial fire afterwards.
Noteworthy Connections Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.