Directed by James Mangold
Summary[edit | edit source]
In the near future, a weary Logan (Hugh Jackman) cares for an ailing Professor X (Patrick Stewart) in a hide out on the Mexican border. But Logan's attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are up-ended when a young mutant (Dafne Keen) arrives, being pursued by dark forces.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Takes inspiration from the comic book Old Man Logan by Mark Millar and Steve McNiven
- Marks the final time Hugh Jackman will play Logan in what is intended to be his final portrayal of the character after having played the role for 17 years. Jackman said this was the hardest Wolverine movie for which he had ever trained.
- Also marks what will presumably be a final role for Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier/Professor X Stewart concluded that he will retire the role of Charles Xavier stating that "there will never be a better, a more perfect, a more sensitive, emotional, and beautiful way of saying au revoir to Charles Xavier than this movie".
- Sir Patrick Stewart lost 21 pounds to play Charles Xavier as elderly and sick. Stewart claimed that he had a steady weight since he was a teenager and had never deliberately lost weight before. Hugh Jackman genuinely held Stewart in all the scenes of Wolverine carrying professor Xavier.
- Dafne Keen (Laura) was 11 years old at the time of filming, and so was not allowed inside the Casino, even with all the correct shooting permits. So some shots were done with Keen on a green screen, and some scenes were shot in the actual casino with Keen's body double Cheramie Martin, who is over 18, but of a similar build to Keen.
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Daniel Bernhardt [Bone Breaker]
- Stephen Dunlevy [Macon]
- Quincy Fouse [Nate Munson]
- Reynaldo Gallegos [Rey]
- Richard E. Grant [Dr. Zander Rice]
- Boyd Holbrook [Donald Pierce]
- Hugh Jackman [Wolverine/X-24]
- Eriq La Salle [Will Munson]
- Lennie Loftin [Jackson]
- Stephen Merchant [Caliban]
- Krzysztof Soszynski [Mohawk]
- Patrick Stewart [Professor Charles Xavier]
- Ryan Sturz [Pretty Boy]