Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Lionel Stander (1908 - 1994)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Hangmen Also Die (Lest We Forget) (1943) [Banya, the Taxi Driver]: Commits suicide by jumping out of the window after being taken to Gestapo headquarters for questioning.
- Cul-de-sac (1966) [Dickie]: Shot in the chest by Donald Pleasence outside Donald's mansion; he dies shortly afterwards.
- Beyond the Law (Al di la della legge; Bloodsilver; The Good Die First) (1967) [Preacher]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Lee Van Cleef in the street.
- Boot Hill (La Collina degli stivali; Trinity Rides Again) (1969) [Mami]: Shot in the back by Victor Buono in Victor's office; he dies shortly after Terence Hill forces Victor to surrender.
- Between Miracles (Per grazia ricevuta) (1971) [Oreste Micheli]: Dies of old age/natural causes in his bed. (Thanks to Andrea)
- The Gang that Couldn't Shoot Straight (1971) [Baccala]: Dies when he enters his car and it explodes as the film ends.
- Caliber 9 (Milano calibro 9) (1972) [Americano]: Shot in the chest by Philippe Leroy at Lionel's villa.
- Treasure Island (1972) [Billy Bones]: Collapses and dies of fright (presumably has a cardiac arrest) after being given The Black Spot by Paul Muller. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Black Hand (La Mano nera: prima della mafia, piu della mafia) (1973) [Lieutenant Giuseppe 'Joe' Petrosino]: Shot in the chest by a hitman in the street at night. (See also Ernest Borgnine in Pay or Die and Adolfo Celi in Joe Petrosino.)
- The Sensual Man (Paolo il caldo; The Sensuous Sicilian) (1973) [Baron Castorini, Paolo's Grandfather]: Dies (off-screen), presumably of old age/natural causes, in the interim between the early scenes of the hero's childhood and the present-day scenes of the hero (Giancarlo Giannini) as an adult.
- Cyclone (1978) [Taylor] Eaten by a shark.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Hart to Hart: Two Harts in 3/4 Time (1995 TV) [Max]: Dies (off-screen) of old age/natural causes, some time before the story begins; his death is established in the dialogue early in the movie. (Lionel does not actually appear in this film, as it was made after his real-life death; his last actual appearance was in the previous TV movie Hart to Hart: Secrets of the Heart.)
Gallery:[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.