Lin Shaye (1943 - )
Film Deaths Edit
- Contagion (2002) [Laura Crowley]: Falls to her death when Megan Gallagher knocks her off of the hospital rooftop while Lin is trying to kill Matteo Crismani. (Thanks to ND)
- Dead End (2003) [Laura Harrington]: Hits her head on the road when she steps out of the moving car; she dies shortly afterwards when she reaches up to feel her injury and rubs her exposed brain, while her husband (Ray Wise) and daughter (Alexandra Holden) look on in horror. It’s later revealed that most of the movie has taken place in a world between life and death, and everyone except Alexandra was actually killed in a car crash when Ray fell asleep at the wheel. (Thanks to Germboygel)
- The Hillside Strangler (2004) [Jenny Buono]: Dies (off-screen) of cancer; her body is shown afterwards lying in her coffin at her funeral.
- 2001 Maniacs (2005) [Granny Boone]: Killed (off-screen) by Union soldiers, along with the rest of the townspeople, during the civil war. She and the other townspeople appear as ghosts throughout the movie. (She reprised her role as the ghost in the 2010 sequel 2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams.) (Thanks to David and Joshman)
- Snakes on a Plane (2006) [Grace]: Bitten by one of the venomous snakes while rescuing a baby. She dies (off-screen) some time later; her body is shown afterwards when Julianna Margulies comes over after hearing Sunny Mabrey crying. (Thanks to Joshman)
- Insidious (2010) [Elise Rainier]: Strangled by the possessed Patrick Wilson; her body is shown afterwards when Rose Byrne discovers her. (Thanks to ND)
- The Grudge (2020) [Faith Matheson]: Possessed by the spirit of Tara Westwood leaps from hospital stairwell's top floor, cracking head on a beam below and then hitting the bottom floor violently.
Noteworthy Connections Edit
- Sister of Robert Shaye (founder of New Line Cinema)
- Ex-Mrs. Clayton Landey
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.