Lillian Gish (1893 - 1993)
note on category: she was in her 100th year but died 8 months shy her 100th birthday.
- Broken Blossoms (Scarlet Blossoms; The Yellow Man and the Girl) (1919) [Lucy Burrows]: Beaten to death by her father (Donald Crisp) on her bed. The scene fades out just as he begins the beating the resumes after he finishes. She dies shortly afterwards. Richard Barthelmess then arrives and discovers her body, after killing Donald in turn, Richard carries her body back to his shop and places her on the bed before committing suicide beside her. (Thanks to Eliza)
- La Boheme (1926) [Mimi]: Dies of tuberculosis in John Gilbert's arms. (Thanks to Brian)
- Duel in the Sun (1946) [Laura Belle McClanles]: Dies in Lionel Barrymore's arms of an unspecified illness.
- The Unforgiven (1960) [Mattilda Zachary]: Shot in the side during a battle between her family and the Native American warriors; she dies shortly after being brought back inside the house.
- A Wedding (1978) [Nettie Sloan]: Dies of natural causes/old age in her home, with Geraldine Chaplin and Beverly Ross at her bedside.
Television Death: Edit
- The Alfred Hitchcock Hour: Body in the Barn (1964) [Bessie Carnby]: Commits suicide by drinking brandy that she had mixed a lethal dose of pain medicine in to frame Peter Lind Hayes for her murder.
- Sister of Dorothy Gish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.