Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Liam Neeson (1952 - )
- Excalibur (1981) [Gawain]: Killed (off-screen), presumably by Robert Addie or his men. His body is shown afterwards when Paul Geoffrey sees Liam's horse run by with his body tied to it. (Note: Although Paul identifies the body as Liam's character, the "body" we see is obviously an unconvincing stunt double.)
- Krull (1983) (Dragons of Krull; The Dungeons of Krull; Dungeons and Dragons) [Kegan]: Killed in combat against the slayers (he dies while talking to the remaining survivors.)
- The Mission (1986) [Fielding]: Shot dead by Portuguese soldiers during the battle on the river; his body remains in his canoe as his Native comrades continue rowing downstream, eventually taking it over the edge of a waterfall.
- A Prayer for the Dying (1987) [Liam Docherty]: Shot in the head by Alison Doody in Liam's apartment. (Thanks to Vlabor)
- High Spirits (1988) [Martin Brogan]: Died centuries before the film begins, he appears as a ghost to Steve Guttenberg and Beverly D'Angelo.
- Next of Kin (1989) [Briar Gates]: Shot to death by Adam Baldwin; he dies while talking to his brother (Patrick Swayze).
- Schindler's List (1993) [Oskar Schindler]: Dies (off-screen) of liver failure; the movie ends with an epilogue at the real Oskar Schindler's grave, as the cast and several of the actual people saved by Schindler pay their respects.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999) [Qui-Gon Jinn]: Impaled through the chest with a light-saber during a duel with Ray Park as Ewan McGregor watch on in shock and horror. He dies shortly afterwards while talking to Ewan. His body is shown again later on during his funeral pyre.
- Gangs of New York (2002) ["Priest" Vallon]: After being stabbed in the stomach by Daniel Day-Lewis during the streetfight between the two gangs; he dies after talking to his son (Cian McCormack) when Daniel finishes him off by stabbing him in the heart.
- Batman Begins (2005) [Ra's al Ghul a.k.a. Henri Ducard]: Killed in an explosion when Christian Bale leaves him on the train with his microwave-emitting device, which then crashes into a parking lot, after Gary Oldman shoots out the railway's support beams. (Liam reprised the role in a hallucination scene in 2012's The Dark Knight Rises.)
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (2005) [Aslan]: Providing the voice of a lion (CGI), he is stabbed to death with a sword by Tilda Swinton on an altar, after he willingly offers his life for Skandar Keynes. He later comes back to life due to the nature of his sacrifice (an allegory for Christ's resurrection).
- Kingdom of Heaven (2005) [Godfrey]: Dies of an infection sometime after being shot in the side with an arrow; he dies while talking to his son (Orlando Bloom).
- Seraphim Falls (2006) [Colonel Morsman Carver]: Presumably dies (off-screen) of heat stroke or dehydration; we only see him fading away along with Pierce Brosnan.
- The Grey (2011) [John Ottway]: Presumably mortally wounded in a battle by the alpha wolf. After the closing credits, he is shown lying on top of the dying wolf; while his fate is unconfirmed, the chances of his survival are extremely slim.
- Unknown (2011) [Dr. Martin Harris]: Liam goes into a four-minute long cardiac arrest after Diane Kruger saves him from drowning in a river. He gets revived by paramedics and is in a four-day coma.
- Wrath of the Titans (2012) [Zeus]: Fatally injured in a battle with the Titan Kronos; he crumbles to dust after talking to his son (Sam Worthington).
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013) [History Channel Host]: Possibly killed along with his news team when Will Smith calls in an airstrike to carpet bomb the whole park the news teams are all fighting in. (It's not established who is killed in the airstrike and who survives, but I will list this just in case.) (Played for comic effect.)
- Khumba (2014) [Phango (Voice)]: Playing a African Leopard; he is crushed to death when a slab of rock, followed by a boulder fall on top him of him after he falls from a cliff after it gives way during a fight with Khumba (Voice of Jake T. Austin)
- A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014) [Clinch Leatherwood]: Poisoned after being shot in the arm by Seth MacFarlane with a snake venom-laced bullet. He dies whilst Seth goes on a long-winded explanation, only for Giovanni Ribisi and Sarah Silverman to tell him that Neeson's already dead. (Obviously played for comic effect.)
- The Prophet (2014) [Mustafa]: Voicing an animated character; executed by shooting (off-camera). We learn his death after a loud firing sound and Salma Hayek's reaction.
- Run All Night (2015) [Jimmy Conlon]: Bleeds to death after being shot by Common; he succumbs to his injuries after killing Common in return, with his son (Joel Kinnaman) at his side
- A Monster Calls (2016) [The Monster/Conor's Grandfather]:"Conor's Grandfather" dies (off-screen) of unspecified causes sometime before the film starts. He only appears in a photo. Liam also plays the voice of "The Monster" in the film. ("The Monster" survives the film.)
- Silence (2016) [Ferreria]: Dies (off-screen) of unspecified causes. His death is mentioned in the voice-over narration given by Béla Baptiste.
- Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House (2017) [Mark Felt]: Dies (off-screen) in his sleep of heart failure; his death is mentioned in the on-screen text at the end of the movie.
- Widows (2018) [Harry Rawlings]: Shot in the stomach by Viola Davis, as Liam was about to shoot her.
- Men in Black: International (2019) [High T]: Vaporized by Tessa Thompson ((By this point, Liam's character is represented by a giant CGI monster).
- Miami Vice: When Irish Eyes Are Crying (1986) [Sean Carroon]: Falls to his death after being shot by both Saundra Santiago and Don Johnson, just as Liam is about to shoot Don. (Thanks to Vlabor)
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Ethan Hawke/Sen. Claire McCaskill & Sen. Amy Klobuchar/Nathaniel Ratcliff & the Night Sweats (2015) [Mr. Toffee]: Begins the skit during the live-action "Candy Crush: The Movie" skit already having been impaled by a candycane. He spends the rest of the skit talking to Stephen Colbert and presumably dies after the skit ends. (All played for comedy.)
- The Orville: If the Stars Should Appear (2017) [Jahavus Dorahl]: Dies of unspecified causes 2000 years before the story begins. He is shown as a recorded message when the crew members of the Orville find the bridge of the giant bio ship they had found drifting in space.
Video Game Deaths:
- Fallout 3 (2008) [James]: Poisoned when Liam causes a radiation leak in order to prevent Peter Gil from obtaining his scientific findings; he dies after speaking to the player character.
- Husband of Natasha Richardson (widowed).
- Father of Michael Neeson.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.