The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Kurt Russell (1951 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Thing (1982) [R.J. MacReady]: Presumably freezes to death off-screen; the film ends with him and Keith David waiting in the snow, his last line implicating that their fate is ambiguous.
- Backdraft (1991) [Stephen 'Bull' McCaffrey/Dennis McCaffrey]: Playing dual roles as father and son, the father "Dennis" is killed in an explosion when he pushes Scott Glenn to safety just as the gas line blows; the son "Stephen" is impaled on a broken pipe in a fall from a burning building, and dies in the ambulance on the route to the hospital.
- Tombstone (1993) [Wyatt Earp]: Dies off screen of old age/natural causes years after the film ends; his death is indicated in Robert Mitchum's ending narration.
- Forrest Gump (1994) [Voice of Elvis Presley]: Dies off-screen of a heart attack; we learn of his death in Tom Hanks' narration. Although Peter Dobson played the the role of Elvis on-screen, all of his dialogue was dubbed over by Kurt.
- Miracle (2004) [Herb Brooks]: Dies (off-screen) of a car crash; we learn of his death during the on-screen text at the end of the film.
- Poseidon (2006) [Robert Ramsey]: Drowns after swimming into the flooded control room of the sinking ship (knowing he would not be able to swim back) to save the others. He manages to hit the 'reverse' engine button a second before he drowns.
- Grindhouse (Death Proof) (2007) [Stuntman Mike]: Skull crushed when Rosario Dawson stomps on his head, after he's been run off the road and beaten up by Rosario, Zoe Bell, and Tracie Thoms.
- Bone Tomahawk (2015) [Sherriff Franklin Hunt]: Has his stomach sliced open and is shot in the stomach by Geno Segers, then presumably dies off-screen some time afterwards. We last see him talking to Richard Jenkins before staying behind so Richard, Patrick Wilson and Lili Simmons can escape. Richard, Patrick and Lili later hear gunshots after leaving the cave, implying that he either died from blood loss, suicide by shooting himself, or further injury by the troglodytes.
- The Hateful Eight (2015) [John Ruth]: Shot in the chest with his own pistol by Jennifer Jason Leigh at the end of a struggle, in addition to having been poisoned by drinking coffee spiked by Michael Madsen, causing him to spew up a significant amount of blood. His body is shown throughout the rest of the film, including when Jennifer chops off his arm to be free of the handcuffs they are both attached to.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) [Ego]: Playing a planet and his human embodiment, Kurt is destroyed in an explosion when a bomb planted by Vin Diesel in Kurt's brain at the planet's core detonates; his human form disintegrates as he pleads for Chris Pratt to reconsider.
Television Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Deadly Tower (Sniper) (1975 TV) [Charles Whitman]: Shot to death by Richard Yniguez in the university tower.
- Elvis (1979 TV) [Elvis Presley]: Dies off-screen of a drug-induced heart attack.
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Partner of Goldie Hawn
- Ex-Mr. Season Hubley
- Son of Bing Russell
- Father of Wyatt Russell
- Stepfather of Oliver Hudson and Kate Hudson
- Father-in-law of Meredith Hagner
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.