Kevin Kline (1947 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Sophie's Choice (1982) [Nathan Landau]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by taking poison, along with Meryl Streep. (It's ambiguous whether their deaths were a suicide pact or a murder-suicide.) Their bodies are shown afterwards when a policeman leads Peter MacNicol into their bedroom.
- A Fish Called Wanda (1988) [Otto West]: Although he survives the film, there's an alternate version of a scene on the DVD where Kevin is run over with a steamroller by Michael Palin in which it is fatal, with John Cleese grabbing Kline's boarding pass just before Palin runs over Kevin's body again (Played for Comic Effect).
- Chaplin (1992) [Douglas Fairbanks]: Dies (off-screen) of a heart attack; his death is mentioned during Anthony Hopkins' interview with Robert Downey Jr.
- Dave (1993) [President Bill Mitchell/Dave Kovic]: Playing a dual role, "President Bill Mitchell" dies (off-screen) after a long period in a coma following a stroke (during which time "Dave" substitutes for him); we learn of his death from a news report afterwards. (Dave survives the movie.)
- Fierce Creatures (1997) [Rod McCain]: Playing a dual role as father and son, the elder character is accidentally shot in the head when the gun in Michael Palin's hands goes off. (Played for comic effect.)
- De-Lovely (2004) [Cole Porter]: Dies of unspecified kidney failure at the 1968 same time of text mentioned.
- Definitely Maybe (2008) [Hampton Roth]: Dies of a heart attack (off screen); his death is revealed in a conversation between Rachel Weisz and Ryan Reynolds.
- The Last of Robin Hood (2013) [Errol Flynn]: Dies of a heart attack, with his wife (Dakota Fanning) at his side.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Great Performances: Hamlet (1990) [Hamlet]: Cut with a poison-tipped sword during a swordfight with Michael Cumpsty; he dies shortly afterwards, living long enough to kill Brian Murray first.
Notable Relatives[edit | edit source]
- Mr. Phoebe Cates.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.