Kevin Costner (1955 - )
- The Big Chill (1983) [Alex]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by slitting his wrists. (Although his death is a major plot point, all of Kevin's scenes, apart from a brief glimpse of the body being dressed for the funeral, were cut, and he is completely absent from the finished film.) (Thanks to Jo)
- Stacy's Knights (1983) [Will Bonner]: Beaten to death (off-screen) by Mike Reynolds. His body is shown afterwards when Andra Millian discovers him.
- A Perfect World (1993) [Robert 'Butch' Haynes]: Shot in the chest (having been shot in the stomach by T.J. Lowther) with a sniper rifle by Bradley Whitford (who thinks Kevin is going for a gun) as Clint Eastwood looks on in shock, he dies whilst looking up at a helicopter as he lies in a field. (Thanks to Michael)
- The War (1994) [Stephen Simmons]: Dies in the hospital after being taken off life-support following being crushed by falling rocks in a cavern whilst saving Bruce A. Young.
- Wyatt Earp (1994) [Wyatt Earp]: Dies off-screen in 1929. His death is only mentioned in the on-screen text at the end.
- The Postman (1997) [The Postman]: Dies (off-screen) of unspecified causes between the scenes in 2013 and 2043. We learn about his death when his daughter (Mary Stuart Masterson) shows a statue which remembers him like a hero.
- Message in a Bottle (1999) [Garret Blake]: Drowned while rescuing Jennifer Lamb during a storm. (Thanks to Lianne)
- 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001) [Thomas J. Murphy a.k.a. Jonathan Liebling]: Shot repeatedly during a shoot-out with Thomas Haden Church, Kevin Pollak, and the rest of the SWAT team. (Like his idol Elvis Presley, he dies near a toilet.) (Thanks to John)
- The Guardian (2006) [Ben Randall]: Drowned when he sacrifices himself by letting go of the breaking lifeline, in order to save Ashton Kutcher.
- Mr. Brooks (2007) [Mr. Earl Brooks]: Stabbed in the throat with scissors by his daughter (Danielle Panabaker) in what turns out to be a dream sequence; he survives the movie in reality. (Thanks to Eric)
- The New Daughter (2009) [John James]: Presumably burned to death/killed in an explosion along with his daughter (Ivana Baquero) when he deliberately drops a flare into a pool of gasoline in order to destroy the mound-walkers creatures (after his daughter starts turning into one of these beings).
- Man of Steel (2013) [Jonathan Kent]: Dies when he is sucked into a tornado after his ankle is injured whilst rescuing his pet dog (having been trapped in a car when another vehicle falls on top of it), meaning he can't run back to his family, telling his foster son (Henry Cavill) not to use his powers to save him. (He was also shown in a flashback in Batman v. Superman)
- The Highwaymen (2019) [Frank Hamer]: Dies (off-screen) in 1955 from heat stroke. His death is mentioned in the closing credits.
- Father of Annie Costner, Lily Costner and Michael Costner.
- Ex-husband of Cindy Costner.
- Husband of Christine Baumgarter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.