Ken Ogata (1937 - 2008)
- Samurai Banners (Furin Kazan) (1969) [Samurai]: Shot with an arrow while trying to defend Toshiro Mifune.
- The Last Samurai (Okami yo rakujitsu o kire) (1974) [Nakamura Hanjiro]: Shot to death by the military.
- Vengeance is Mine (Fukushû suru wa ware ni ari) (1979) [Iwao Enokizu]: Executed for murder off-screen. His ashes are giving to his father who throws them off a cliff only to have them freeze mid air.
- Virus (Day of Resurrection / Fukkatsu no hi) (1980) [Prof. Tsuchiya]: Dies of the virus.
- Samurai Reincarnation (Makai tenshô) (1981) [Musashi Miyamoto]: Cut down the middle by Sonny Chiba in a sword duel.
- The Geisha (Yokiro) (1983) [Katsuzo] Stabbed to death by a yakuza.
- Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters (1985) [Yukio Mishima]: Commits suicide by cutting open his stomach via seppeku.
- The Shogun's Shadow (Shôgun Iemitsu no ranshin - Gekitotsu) (1989) [Igo Gyobu]: Dies when he charges an army of samurai. The screen freezes and we hear dozens of musket shots.
- Zatoichi (1989) [Rônin/Masterless samurai]: Cut down in a duel with Shintaro Katsu.
- Gonin 2 (1995) [Toyama Masamichi]: Shot dozens of times by hitmen. Even though he is dead his body still stands.
- Man Walking on Snow (Aruku, hito) (2001) [Nobuo Honma]: Has a heart attack while walking in the snow. There is a scene after the credits where he gets back up, but not sure if this is considered canon or if it was an outtake.
- The Hidden Blade (Kakushi ken oni no tsume) (2004) [Chief Retainer Hori]: Stabbed in the heart with a needle by Masatoshi Nagase.
- The Samurai I Loved (Semishigure) (2005) [Maki Sukezaemon]: Executed off-screen for endangering the clan. His body is later shown.
Father of Kanta Ogata
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.