Keira Knightley (1985 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Hole (2001) [Frances 'Frankie' Smith]: Dies of bulimia-related heart failure (off-screen) in the underground shelter. Her body is shown afterwards when Thora Birch discovers her, then again in the morgue during Embeth Davidtz' investigation. (Nudity alert: Topless) (Thanks to Joseph)
- Domino (2005) [Domino Harvey]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with gang members, in a "coin toss" scene showing the possible outcome of the confrontation; the scene immediately rewinds to show the actual outcome, in which she survives. (The real-life Domino Harvey died of an accidental overdose between the filming of this movie and its release; a title card was added dedicating the film to her memory, but her death is not otherwise addressed in the actual movie.) (Thanks to Vlabor and John)
- Atonement (2007) [Cecilia Tallis]: Drowned (along with several other people) when the underground station is flooded by a burst water main during a raid by German bombers; her body is shown floating in the water in a flashback as Vanessa Redgrave recounts what happened. (Thanks to Gerardo)
- Silk (2007) [Helene Joncour]: Dies (off-screen) of an unspecified illness. We last see her lying in bed talking to Michael Pitt; her death is mentioned in Michael's narration in the following scene. (Thanks to Dennis)
- Never Let Me Go (2010) [Ruth]: Dies on the operating table as one of her organs is harvested for transplant. (Thanks to Tommy)
- A Dangerous Method (2011) [Sabina Spielrein]: Shot (off-screen) by nazis along with her children several years after the film ends; her death is mentioned in the on-screen text at the end of the movie.
- Anna Karenina (2012) [Anna Karenina]: Commits suicide by throwing herself in the path of an oncoming train.
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012) [Penny]: Killed, along with Steve Carell and everybody else in the world, when an asteroid collides with Earth; we last see Keira and Steve lying in bed as the scene fades to white when the asteroid strikes. (Thanks to Tommy and Tim)
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018) [Sugar Plum Fairy]: Turned into a porcelain doll after being zapped by a machine that Mackenzie Foy had reprogrammed before Keira would use it to turn Helen Mirren back into a doll.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Doctor Zhivago (2002 TV) [Lara Antipova]: Dies (off-screen) in a work camp; her death is revealed in the narration. (See also Julie Christie in the 1965 version.) (Thanks to Nemanja)
Noteworthy Connections[edit | edit source]
- Sister of Caleb Knightley.
- Wife of James Righton of the Keyboard Klaxons.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.