Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Keanu Reeves (1964 - )
Deaths in Film
- Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey (1991) [Ted 'Theodore' Logan]: Killed, along with Alex Winter, by their evil robot duplicates after they throw them off a cliff; they find themselves in the afterlife and eventually manage to come back to life after beating William Sadler at several different games. (Played for comic effect, obviously.)
- Little Buddha (1993) [Siddhartha]: Dies of unspecified circumstances during the passing of time, he only appears in flashbacks.
- The Devil's Advocate (1997) [Kevin Lomax]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the head in Al Pacino's office; this rejection of Satan's offer results in the undoing of all his previous interaction in Keanu's life, bringing him back to life at the exact point he was at the beginning of the movie.
- The Matrix (1999) [Neo]: Shot repeatedly in the chest by Hugo Weaving in a hallway inside the Matrix; he is brought back to life by the power of Carrie-Anne Moss' love.
- The Watcher (2000) [David Allen Griffin]: Burned to death when a fire breaks out in the gasoline-soaked warehouse, when he accidentally knocks over his candles igniting the fuel, after Keanu is stabbed with a syringe and shot by James Spader causing him to fall back into the flames; he dies after jumping out of a window whilst on fire after an escaping James and Marisa Tomei. Keanu's burned body is shown afterwards floating in the river when James checks to make sure he's dead.
- The Matrix Revolutions (2003) [Neo]: Overloaded when the Matrix's consciousness channels an enormous amount of energy through him in order to destroy Hugo Weaving. (Reeves will return as the role of Neo in the upcoming sequel The Matrix 4 despite his character dying in the last film).
- The Lake House (2006) [Alex Wyler]: Hit by a bus while crossing the street to meet Sandra Bullock; Sandra later manages to prevent his death by sending a message back through time to him.
- The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008) [Klaatu/Mountaineer]: Playing a dual role; the "mountaineer" dies during the passage of time. Klaatu survives the movie.
- 47 Ronin (2013) [Kai]: Commits seppuku along with the other remaining ronin besides a spared Jin Akanishi, as punishment by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, as Kou Shibasaki watches on tearfully.
- Man of Tai Chi (2013) [Donaka Mark]: Killed with a fatal Tai Chi move at the end of a fight with Tiger Chen.
- Siberia (2018) [Lucas Hill]: Shot in the back by Rafael Petardi.
- Bill & Ted Face the Music (2020) [Ted]: Killed in an explosion (along with Alex Winter and Anthony Carrigan) caused by Anthony shooting himself, which sends Keanu to the afterlife. He is later brought back to life by William Sadler.
Deaths in Video Games
- Cyberpunk 2077 (2020) [Johnny Silverhand] - Consciousness transfered through the “Soulkiller” program by Masane Tsukayama, with his physical body dying as a result. He lives on as an engram to Gavin Drea/Cherami Leigh. Later, however, he can “die” in a few endings: (1). If Gavin/Cherami commits suicide, his engram is destroyed as well. (2). If Gavin/Cherami dies during the attack on Arasaka Tower alone (if the player chooses), his engram is destroyed. (3). If Gavin/Cherami keeps their body, Keanu likely dies later. He can survive a few endings, mostly if Gavin/Cherami gives their body to Keanu.
Son of Patricia Taylor (costume designer)
Brother of Kim Reeves