Karl Malden (1912 - 2009)
- Halls of Montezuma (1950) [Doc]: Shot in the chest in a battle with Japanese forces; he dies shortly afterwards while lying on a stretcher. (Thanks to Brian)
- Ruby Gentry (1952) [Jim Gentry]: Accidentally drowned when he falls overboard while sailing with Jennifer Jones; his body is not shown afterwards.
- Phantom of the Rue Morgue (1954) [Dr. Marais]: Crushed to death when his ape is shot by police and falls on him.
- The Hanging Tree (1959) [Frenchy]: Shot repeatedly by Gary Cooper after he attacks Maria Schell, intending to rape her.
- One-Eyed Jacks (1961) [Sheriff Dad Longworth]: Shot in the back during a shootout with Marlon Brando in the street (after Marlon fakes getting shot and sneaks up behind Karl). He tries to shoot Marlon as he's getting away, but dies of his wound.
- How the West Was Won (1962) [Zebulon Prescott]: Drowned, along with Agnes Moorehead, when their raft sinks; the scene cuts away as the raft is about to go over the falls, followed by a scene of their children at the funeral. (Thanks to Mable)
- Murderers' Row (1966) [Julian Wall]: Shot in the stomach when he attempts to shoot Dean Martin with Dean's specially-rigged "delayed-reaction" gun, then turns it around to examine why it didn't go off.
- Billion Dollar Brain (1967) [Leo Newbigen] Dies after being shot in the head during an attack on his car.
- Summertime Killer (1972) [Captain John Kiley]: Shot to death by gangsters, after Karl lets Christopher Mitchum escape. (Thanks to Patrick)
- Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (1979) [Wilbur Hubbard]: Presumably drowned (off-screen) after he tries to swim for the surface; Michael Caine looks for him afterwards but is unable to find him. (even if he safely swam back to (or just stayed on) the Poseidon, he would definitely die when the explosives blew it up.) (Thanks to Liz)
- The Hijacking of the Achille Lauro (1989 TV film) [Leon Klinghoffer]: Shot to death by terrorists.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.