Justice League (2017)
Directed by Zack Snyder
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's (Henry Cavill) selfless act, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) enlists newfound ally Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) to face an even greater threat. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to recruit a team to stand against this newly awakened enemy (Ciaran Hinds). Despite the formation of an unprecedented league of heroes -- Batman, Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Cyborg (Ray Fisher) and the Flash (Ezra Miller) -- it may be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
- Henry Cavill [Clark Kent a.k.a Superman] (revived)
- Ray Fisher [Victor Stone/Cyborg]
- Ciaran Hinds [Steppenwolf]
- Brooke Ence [Penthesilea]
- Hari James [Trigona]
- Samantha Jo [Euboea]
- Doutzen Kroes [Venelia]
- Ann Ogbomo [Philippus]
- Ben Affleck was considered to direct this film.
- Zack Synder cites Seven Samurai (1954) as an influence on the film.
- Ciarán Hinds was unfamiliar with using the technology to portray Steppenwolf in motion-capture, so he got advice from his friend Liam Neeson, who had earlier done motion-capture acting in A Monster Calls (2016).
- In September 2007, George Miller had signed on to direct, but by 2010, he finally left the project.
- Director Zack Snyder and his wife producer Deborah Snyder stepped down from finishing the film, after the suicide of Zack Snyder's daughter in March 2017. They tried to remain on the film as a way to work through the difficulty, but decided after two months to step away from the project to spend time with their family. Joss Whedon, who had signed on for Batgirl, took over as director, managing additional scenes that need to be included in the final cut. Warner Brothers have stated that Joss will direct and write in the same style as Zack so there won't be any tonal shifts or obvious changes in style. However, Joss Whedon controversially fired Zack Snyder's composer Junkie XL, and replaced him with Danny Elfman.
- Extensive reshoots in London and Los Angeles in mid-2017 added a cost of approximately $25 million to the film's budget. Henry Cavill worked on the reshoots and M:I 6 - Mission Impossible (2018) at the same time. He had to sport a mustache for his role in the latter project, however Paramount refused to let the actor shave it off for the time he played Superman again. This meant that Cavill's facial hair had to be digitally removed in post-production.