Director: Colin Trevorrow
Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park (1993), Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. After 10 years of operation and visitor rates declining, in order to fulfill a corporate mandate, a new attraction is created to re-spark visitor's interest, which backfires horribly.
- Richard Attenborough (John Hammond)
- Paul Darnell (Lee)
- Vincent D'Onofrio (Vic Hoskins)
- Eric Edelstein (Nick)
- Timothy Eulich (ACU Trooper)
- Eddie J. Fernandez (Ellis)
- Kevin Foster (ACU Gunner)
- Irrfan Khan (Simon Masrani)
- Chad Randall (InGen Soldier)
- William Gary Smith (Park Ranger)
- Brian Tee (Katashi Hamada)
- Katie McGrath (Zara Young)
- The film's original title was "Jurassic Park: Extinction".
- The line "you're going to need my Raptors" from the trailers is not in the film.
- Jurassic Park (1993) is one of Chris Pratt's favorite films. The first time he saw it was on its opening day at the cinema.
- Bryce Dallas Howard and Judy Greer are sisters in the film. They also played sisters in M. Night Shyamalan's The Village (2004).
- Jeff Goldblum's character Dr. Ian Malcolm can be spotted on the cover of a book that is read by Zara on the monorail ride in to the park. A copy of the same book, titled "God Creates Dinosaurs" is later shown on Lowery's desk in the control room when he is first introduced. A book by Malcolm about his first trip to Jurassic Park was mentioned in both The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) and Jurassic Park III (2001).
- There is a statue of the character John Hammond, the founder of The InGen Corporation and Jurassic Park. Colin Trevorrow explained this is to specifically honor Sir Richard Attenborough who played the role in Jurassic Park (1993) & The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997). Attenborough had spoken in the past of possibly making another appearance in the franchise but his failing health made it highly uncertain. Unfortunately, Attenborough passed away August 24th, 2014. Hammond is implied to have died prior to the events of the movie, evidently writing Attenborough's death into the franchise as well.