Jurassic Park (1993)
Director: Steven Spielberg
During a preview tour, a theme park suffers a major power breakdown that allows its cloned dinosaur exhibits to run amok.
- Jophery C. Brown (Worker in Raptor Pen)
- Martin Ferrero (Donald Gennaro)
- Samuel L. Jackson (Ray Arnold)
- Wayne Knight (Dennis Nedry)
- Bob Peck (Robert Muldoon)
- This was Sir Richard Attenborough's first acting role since The Human Factor (1979).
- The Tyrannosaurus' roars were a combination of dog, penguin, tiger, alligator, and elephant sounds.
- John Williams scored the film at the end of February, 1993 and recorded it a month later. He felt he needed to write "pieces that would convey a sense of awe and fascination, given it dealt with the overwhelming happiness and excitement that would emerge from seeing live dinosaurs."
- While discussing chaos theory, Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) shamelessly flirts with Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern). After meeting on this film, the two began a romantic relationship, and were engaged for two years before breaking up.
- The film and the book generated so much interest in dinosaurs, that the study of paleontology has had a record increase in students.
- The T-rex occasionally malfunctioned, due to the rain. Producer Kathleen Kennedy recalls, "The T. rex went into the heebie-jeebies sometimes. Scared the crap out of us. We'd be, like, eating lunch, and all of a sudden a T-rex would come alive. At first we didn't know what was happening, and then we realized it was the rain. You'd hear people start screaming."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.