Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Jurassic Park (1993)
Director: Steven Spielberg
During a preview tour, a theme park suffers a major power breakdown that allows its cloned dinosaur exhibits to run amok.
- Jophery C. Brown (Worker in Raptor Pen)
- Martin Ferrero (Donald Gennaro)
- Samuel L. Jackson (Ray Arnold)
- Wayne Knight (Dennis Nedry)
- Joseph Mazzello (Tim) [revived]
- Bob Peck (Robert Muldoon)
- This was Sir Richard Attenborough's first acting role since The Human Factor (1979).
- The Tyrannosaurus' roars were a combination of dog, penguin, tiger, alligator, and elephant sounds.
- John Williams scored the film at the end of February, 1993 and recorded it a month later. He felt he needed to write "pieces that would convey a sense of awe and fascination, given it dealt with the overwhelming happiness and excitement that would emerge from seeing live dinosaurs."
- While discussing chaos theory, Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) shamelessly flirts with Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern). After meeting on this film, the two began a romantic relationship, and were engaged for two years before breaking up.
- The film and the book generated so much interest in dinosaurs, that the study of paleontology has had a record increase in students.
- The T-rex occasionally malfunctioned, due to the rain. Producer Kathleen Kennedy recalls, "The T. rex went into the heebie-jeebies sometimes. Scared the crap out of us. We'd be, like, eating lunch, and all of a sudden a T-rex would come alive. At first we didn't know what was happening, and then we realized it was the rain. You'd hear people start screaming."