- The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988) [Tereza]: Killed in a car accident (off-screen), along with Daniel Day-Lewis. We see a scene of Lena Olin reading a letter informing her of their deaths, followed by a flashback scene of Juliette and Daniel, leading up to the crash (though the scene fades to white before the actual accident).
- Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights (1992) [Cathy Earnshaw Linton/Catherine Linton]: In a dual role as mother and daughter, 'Cathy' dies shortly after childbirth (off-screen); her body is shown lying in her coffin afterwards, being visited first by Simon Shepherd and then by Ralph Fiennes. (Daughter 'Catherine' lives through the movie.) (See also Merle Oberon and Anna Calder-Marshall in the 1939 and 1970 versions.)
- The Son of No One (2011) [Lauren Bridges]: Shot outside of her office by an unknown assailant (either Ray Liotta or James Ransone - the scene is shown from the POV of the killer, making unclear which one it is).
- Godzilla (2014) [Sandra Brody]: Dies of radiation poisoning (off-screen), along with several other scientists, when they get quarantined in a contaminated underground facility after a Kaiju causes an earthquake and emits the chemical gas; we last see her being locked down while talking to her husband (Bryan Cranston) on the other side.
- Ghost in the Shell (2017) [Dr. Ouélet]: Shot to death by Peter Ferdinando after she help Scarlett Johansson to escape.
- High Life (2018) [Dibs]: Possibly dies from injuries inflicted during an attack by Claire Tran. Her body is shown floating away in space as Robert Pattinson either looks at her or imagines looking at her.
- none known