The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Josh Brolin (1968 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Road Killers (1994) [Tom]: Bludgeoned with a shotgun; he dies shortly afterwards as Adrienne Shelly kneels by his side.
- Mimic (1997) [Josh]: Stabbed in the stomach and dragged down a hole by one of the giant mutant hybrid insect.
- It's the Rage (All the Rage) (1999) [Tennel]: Shot to death (off-camera) by Giovanni Ribisi in the video store; we only see Giovanni firing as Josh cowers behind the counter.
- Into the Blue (2005) [Derek Bates]: Killed in an underwater explosion when Paul Walker launches an oxygen tank at the fuel canister of the sunken plane they're both in.
- American Gangster (2007) [Detective Trupo]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the head.
- Grindhouse (Planet Terror) (2007) [Dr. William Block]: Shot in the back by Michael Parks just as the mutated Josh is about to kill Marley Shelton.
- No Country for Old Men (2007) [Llewellyn Moss]: Shot to death (off-screen) by Roland Uribe's men in a motel; his body is shown afterwards when Tommy Lee Jones discovers him, and again in the morgue.
- Milk (2008) [Dan White]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by carbon monoxide poisoning in his garage; his death is mentioned in the on-screen text at the end of the movie.
- Jonah Hex (2010) [Jonah Hex]: Is clinically dead twice; first from dehydration when John Malkovich leaves him tied up in the desert and then again when he is wounded by Michael Fassbender. Both times he is brought back to life by Native American mysticism.
- True Grit (2010) [Tom Chaney]: Shot in the chest by Hailee Steinfeld with a rifle after Tom knocks out Matt Damon, sending him tumbling over a cliff. (See also Jeff Corey in the original 1969 film.)
- Men in Black 3 (2012) [Young Agent K]: Playing a younger version of Tommy Lee Jones's character, he is killed in an alternate timeline by Jemaine Clement (off-screen); his death is revealed when Emma Thompson tells a time displaced Will Smith and the events of his death are undone when Smith travels back in time.
- Labor Day (2013) [Frank]: Shot in the head (along with Kate Winslet) by police, in a brief cutaway daydream sequence when Gattlin Griffith imagines what might happen if they try to escape to Canada. (Josh and Kate survive the movie in reality.)
- Only the Brave (2017) [Eric Marsh]: Killed in a fire (off-screen) as Josh and other firefighters try to cover themselves in a sheet to protect themselves but the fire overpowers it.
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) [Thanos]: Stabbed in the throat and in the chest by Zoe Saldana. However, it is soon revealed that Josh is using an Infinity Stone to create the illusion of his death, and he survives the film.
- Avengers: Endgame (2019) [Thanos]: The present-day Thanos is decapitated by Chris Hemsworth. Josh’s past self arrives to the present and later dies again when Robert Downey Jr. uses the Infinity Gauntlet to turn Josh and his army into dust.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Outer Limits: Virtual Future (1995) [Jack Pierce]: Shot repeatedly by David Warner (causing him to fall over a railing into the ocean). His body is later seen sinking to the sea floor (As Josh uses the virtual reality experiments to look into the future, this "death" is later prevented when David ends up dying instead).
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Son of James Brolin.
- Stepson of Barbra Streisand.
- Ex-husband of Alice Adair.
- Ex-husband of Diane Lane.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.