Joseph Cotten (1905 - 1994)
- Shadow of a Doubt (1943) [Uncle Charlie]: Falls out of a train and into the path of another train during a struggle with Teresa Wright.
- Niagara (1953) [George Loomis]: Drowned when his boat sinks while going over Niagara Falls.
- The Last Sunset (1961) [John Breckenridge]: Shot in the back Adam Williams as he leaves the cantina, as he is flanked by Rock Hudson and Kirk Douglas. (Thanks to Brian).
- Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte (Cross of Iron; What Ever Happened to Cousin Charlotte?) (1964) [Dr. Drew Bayliss]: Crushed to death (along with Olivia de Havilland) when Bette Davis drops a large piece of masonry on them (overhearing they had cheated on her). (Thanks to Mac)
- The Money Trap (1965) [Dr. Horace Van Tilden]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Glenn Ford.
- Hellbenders (The Cruel Ones) (I Crudeli) (1967) [Colonel Jonas] Mortally wounded during a shoot-out. Crawls down to a river where he dies right after throwing his flag into the river.
- Lady Frankenstein (La Figlia di Frankenstein; Daughter of Frankenstein; Madame Frankenstein) (1971) [Baron Frankenstein]: Killed by his creation in his laboratory.
- The Torture Chamber of Baron Blood (Gli Orrori del castello di Noremberga) (1972) [Baron Otto von Kleist a.k.a. Alfred Becker]: Dies (off-screen) several centuries before the movie begins; he is brought back to life by a magic ritual. (I'm sure he dies once again, but I can't recall for certain.)
- Soylent Green (1973) [William R. Simonson]: Beaten/hacked to death with a meat hook by Stephen Young (in an assassination for the government) after Stephen breaks into Joseph's apartment. (Thanks to Andrea and Kenneth)
- Syndicate Sadists (Il Giustiziere sfida la citta; Final Payment; One Just Man; Rambo's Revenge) (1975) [Paterno]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the head (off-camera) after Tomas Milian confronts him in his office; we hear the shot as Tomas walks away (creating the initial impression that Joseph has shot Tomas in the back), and his body is shown when Tomas turns around.
- The Perfect Crime (Indagine su un delitto perfetto) (1978) [Sir Arthur Dundee]: Dies of heart failure while trying to remove his own pacemaker, after Leonard Mann short-circuits it with some machine while Joseph's asleep. (Thanks to Andrea)
- Screamers (L'Isola degli uomini pesce; Island of the Fishmen; Something Waits in the Dark) (1979) [Professor Ernest Marvin]: Shot to death by Richard Johnson when Joseph pulls a knife on him. (Thanks to Andrea and Johan)
- Husband of Patricia Medina.