House of the Dragon Trailer - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Jonathan Pryce (1947 - )
- Voyage of the Damned (1976) [Joseph Manasse]: Mentioned in the on-screen text (at the end) that he dies (I can't remember what it really said). This was a real person. He died at Auschwitz. Remember him.
- Loophole (1981) [Taylor]: Killed by an assassin.
- Something Wicked This Way Comes (1983) [Mr. Dark]: Rapidly ages to death and crumbles to dust after being trapped (having got his clothing caught) on a magical carousel that controls time (caused by a lightning strike). (Thanks to ND)
- The Doctor and the Devils (1985) [Robert Fallon]: Presuamably executed by hanging.
- Haunted Honeymoon (1986) [Charles]: Shot in the chest by his cousin (Dom Deluise), causing him to fall through a high rise window just as Jonathan is about to kill Gene Wilder with a giant vase; the whole story is later revealed to be a radio drama being performed. (Thanks to Tommy and ND)
- Deadly Advice (1994) [Dr Ted Philips]: Killed (off-screen) by Jane Horrocks after he threatens to blackmail her (although he is still alive as the film ends, it’s made clear she is going to kill him).
- Carrington (1995) [Lytton Strachey]: Dies of cancer, with Emma Thompson, Steven Waddington, and Samuel West gathered by his bedside.
- Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) [Elliot Carver]: Shredded when Pierce Brosnan holds him in front of his own SEA-VAC Drill weapon (after Pierce had accidentally activated it when Jonathan was holding him at gunpoint). (Thanks to Tommy, Graeme, ND, and Grde)
- Ronin (1998) [Seamus O'Rourke]: Shot in the back by Jean Reno as Jonathan is about to shoot Robert De Niro. (Thanks to Graeme and ND)
- The Suicide Club (2000) [Bourne]: Shot repeatedly by David Morrissey. (Thanks to Eric)
- Unconditional Love (2002) [Victor Fox]: Shot in the stomach with a crossbow bolt by Peter Sarsgaard. His body is shown during his funeral, his death is shown in a flashback, and he appears as a ghost to various characters throughout the movie. (Thanks to ND)
- The Brothers Grimm (2005) [General Vavarin Delatombe]: Impaled with a flagpole by Matt Damon (having been bludgeoned/burnt with a burning crucifix), after Jonathan non-fatally shoots Peter Stormare. He dies while talking to Matt, who shoves him off a tower. (Thanks to May and Tommy)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007) [Governor Weatherby Swann]: Executed (off-screen) by Tom Hollander; he appears afterwards as a spirit on a boat headed for the afterlife, after saying goodbye to his daughter (Keira Knightley). (Thanks to Tina, Hunter, Anne, Slacker, ND, and Tommy)
- Bedtime Stories (2008) [Marty Bronson]: Dies of old age/natural causes; his hotel business is later inherited at the end of the film by his son (Adam Sandler). Jonathan also becomes the narrator of the entire film.
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013) [U.S. President]: Playing both the real President and the disguised "Zartan" (Arnold Vosloo in Jonathan's form), the impostor is stabbed in the stomach with a sword at the end of a fight with Storm Shadow (Lee Byung-hun); he transforms back into Zartan after his death. (Since this was Arnold's character being played by Jonathan at the time, I'll list this for both actors.) (The real President survives the movie.) (Thanks to Tommy, ND, and Dignan)
- The Salvation (2014) [Keane]: Shot in the head (off-screen) by Mads Mikkelsen; we learn of his death when Jeffrey Dean Morgan and his cohorts remove the lid of his coffin.
- The White King (2016) [Colonel Fitz]: Dies of a heart attack as his grandson (Lorenzo Allchurch) and daughter-in-law (Agyness Deyn) watch helplessly.
- The Man Who Killed Don Quixote (2018) [Don Quixote] Accidentally knocked out of a window by Adam Driver. He dies while talking to Adam.
- The Wife (2018) [Joe Castleman]: Dies of a heart attack with Glenn Close by his side.
- Timon of Athens (1981 TV) [Timon]: Dies after a lengthy illness.
- David (1997) [Saul]: Commits suicide by stabbing himself in the stomach.
- Wolf Hall (2015 Mini-series) [Thomas Wolsey]: Dies (off-screen) of old age/natural causes.
- Game of Thrones: The Winds of Winter (2016) [The High Sparrow]: Killed along with all present inside the Sept of Baelor during a wildfire attack orchestrated by Lena Headey; standing directly beneath the point of explosion, Jonathan is seen disintegrating as the igniting wildfire reaches the Sept.
- Taboo 1.8 (2017) [Sir Stuart Strange]: Dies in an explosion when he opens up a package that contains a bomb.
Video Game Deaths
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game ,2007) [Governor Weatherby Swann]: Executed (off-screen) by Tom Hollander in the same way of the orginal film.