The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Jonathan Banks (1947 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- 48 Hrs. (1982) [Algren]: Shot to death by James Remar after James forces Nick Nolte to give up his gun. (as Jonathan was already dying from being shot in the chest/side moments earlier by James). (Thanks to Michael)
- The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984) [Lizardo Hospital Guard]: Neck snapped by John Lithgow.
- Beverly Hills Cop (1984) [Zack, Maitland's Thug]: Shot to death by Eddie Murphy (causing him to crash into a glass cabinet in the process) in Steven Berkoff's home. (Thanks to Robert)
- Gremlins (1984) [Deputy Brent]: Possibly killed in a car crash, along with Scott Brady, after the gremlins disconnect the brakes on their patrol car. (Their fate is unclear in the film) (Thanks to Tommy)
- Cold Steel (1987) [Iceman]: Shot to death, along with Adam Ant and Sy Richardson, in a shoot-out with Brad Davis. (Thanks to Michael)
- Don't Touch My Daughter (Nightmare) (1991) [Ryter]: Killed by Victoria Principal in self-defense. (Thanks to Michael)
- Freejack (1992) [Mark Michelette]: Shot to death by Mick Jagger just as Jonathan is about to shoot Emilio Estevez. (Thanks to Robert and Neil)
- Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995) [Scotty]: Killed in a train crash/explosion. (Thanks to Michael)
- Dark Breed (1996) [Joseph Shay]: Killed in an explosion caused by Jack Scalia. (Thanks to ND)
- R.S.V.P (2002) [Walter Franklin]: Beaten to death with a cane (along with Grace Zabriskie) by Rick Otto in the hallway, just as Jonathan and Grace are about to get into the elevator.
- 'Mudbound (2017) [Pappy]: Smothered with a pillow by his son (Garrett Hedlund) as revenge for mutilating Jason Mitchell.
- The Commuter (2018) [Walt]: Pushed in front of an oncoming bus by an unseen individual in Vera Farmiga's order as Liam Neeson watches from a nearby train.
- Redbad (2018) [Pepijn]: Dies from an illness while surrounded by his family and friends.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Night They Took Miss Beautiful (1978; TV film) [Buck]: Killed in a plane crash when Gary Collins deliberately steers their plane into the ocean, just as the screen fades to red. (Thanks to Michael)
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Lost Love (1987) [Luke Dickson]: Hit on the head (off-screen) when he leaned against a dresser after getting hit with an urn by Jean Simmons in his motel room. His body is shown afterwards when Gene Barry discovers him.
- Highlander: The Series: Under Color of Authority (1994) [Mako]: Decapitated with a sword by Stan Kirsch at the end of a fight.
- Matlock: The P.I. (1994) [Jack Starling]: Accidentally shoots himself during a struggle with George Peppard.
- Tales from the Crypt: The Assassin (1994) [William]: Stabbed in the eye with a high-heeled shoe pinning him to a wall by Shelley Hack. (Thanks to Tommy)
- SeaQuest 2032: Resurrection (1995) [Maximillian Scully]: Shot in self-defense by Patricia Charbonneau.
- Diagnosis: Murder: Murder by Remote (2000) [Bruce Locatelli]: Killed by gas in his bedroom while he was sleeping and all windows and doors we're shot. This was done by the computersystem which controlled his house and which was his invention. It is later revealed that he himself programmed his own murder but intended to be safed by his maid who was late at this particular morning because of a traffic jam. By doing so he wanted to draw suspicion in a series of similar murders on to a competitor in software buisness.
- Alias: The Telling (2003) [NSA Deputy Director Brandon]: Shot to death in an ambush by Ron Rifkin's henchmen. (Thanks to PortsGuy)
- Day Break: What If They Find Him? (2006) [Conrad Detweiler]: Buried alive when his own men use a dump truck to pour a truckload of sand over him, after shooting him in the legs. (His death is undone when the time-loop cycle begins again.) (Thanks to Neil)
- Ghost Whisperer: Friendly Neighbourhood Ghost (2006) [Lyle Chase]: Plays a ghost who finally moves on at the end of an episode.
- Day Break: What If It's Him? (2007) [Conrad Detweiler]: Commits suicide by shooting himself with a shotgun in his home. (In this final episode, the time-loop has been broken, so his death is now permanent.) (Thanks to Neil)
- Breaking Bad: Say My Name (2012) [Mike Ehrmantraut]: Shot in the stomach by Bryan Cranston; he dies after crawling out of his car and sitting by a lake while talking to Cranston. His body is seen in the next episode Gliding Over All as Cranston and Jesse Plemons prepare to dissolve his body in an acid tub.
- The Lizzie Borden Chronicles: Flowers (2015) [Mr. Flowers]: Shot in the chest by Christina Ricci.
- Community: Basic Email Security (2015) [Buzz Hickey]: Dies (off screen) from unspecified circumstances before the episode begins. Although Jonathan left the show in the prior season, an email seen on Jim Rash's computer has the subject line "Buzz Hickey Memorial Services" indicated his fate.
- The Expanse (2015) [Canterbury XO]: Dies (off screen) when the Canterbury is destroyed with all hands.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.