Jon Voight (1938 - )
- Hour of the Gun (1967) [Curly Bill Brocius]: Shot in the head by Wyatt Earp (James Garner), just as Jon is about to shoot Jason Robards outside a saloon. (For exact accuracy the real Curly Bill was shot in the chest by Wyatt in a canyon). (Thanks to Harry)
- End of the Game (Der Richter und sein Henker; Deception; Getting Away with Murder; Murder on the Bridge) (1975) [Walter Tschanz]: Killed in a car crash (possibly suicide). (Thanks to Fred)
- The Champ (1979) [Billy Flynn]: Fatally beaten during a boxing match, he dies in his dressing room shortly afterwards, with his son (Rick Schroder) and trainer (Jack Warden) by his side.
- Runaway Train (1985) [Oscar 'Manny' Manheim]: Killed (off-screen) along with John P. Ryan in a train crash after Jon disconnects the engine from the rest of the train in order to save Eric Roberts and Rebecca De Mornay. The movie ends before the actual crash; we only see him standing atop the engine as it heads towards its destruction, but the implication of his fate is obvious.
- Mission: Impossible (1996) [Jim Phelps]: Crushed to death by the falling wreckage when Jean Reno is killed in an helicopter explosion (due to Tom Cruise setting off a plastic explosive) while chasing a train down a tunnel. Earlier in the film, he was shot by was unknown assassin as Tom was watching through his monitor then fell into the water. However, he actually faked his death and was pretending he was being shot at.
- Anaconda (1997) [Paul Serone]: Swallowed whole by the giant anaconda, then spat back out again. His body is later seen as the building he's in is set on fire.
- Most Wanted (1997) [General Adam Woodward a.k.a. Lt. Col. Grant Casey]: Shot in the head by Keenen Ivory Wayans, just as Jon is about to shoot Keenen (after Jon accidentally shoots Wolfgang Bodison mistaking him for Wayans). (Thanks to Fred and ND)
- Enemy of the State (1998) [Thomas Brian Reynolds]: Shot to death in a gunfight with Tom Sizemore and Tom's men. (Thanks to Eric)
- Pearl Harbor (2001) [Franklin Delano Roosevelt]: Dies (off-screen) of a stroke. (The real-life death of Roosevelt is neither seen, nor referenced in the film, however the final scene clearly takes places some years after his death.)
- Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) [Lord Richard Croft]: Shot in the head by Iain Glen, shortly before the start of the movie; the murder is shown in flashback later on. (Thanks to Stephen, Vlabor, Mathew, Connor, and ND)
- The Manchurian Candidate (2004) [Senator Thomas Jordan]: Drowned after a brainwashed Liev Schreiber overturns Jon's kayak. (Thanks to Eunice, Vlabor, Mathew, and ND)
- An American Carol (2008) [George Washington]: Portrays the ghost of George Washington, whom comes to visit Kevin P. Farley.
- Dracula: The Dark Prince (2013) [Leonardo Van Helsing]: Bitten to death by his vampires after being defeated by Vasilescu Valentin.
- Uprising (2001 TV Movie) [Jürgen Stroop]: Executed by hanging (off-screen), his body is shown later in Mokotów Prison and mentioned in the on-screen text at the end of the TV.
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven (2004 TV) [Eddie]: Crushed to death when a wagon falls on him after he pushes a little girl out of the way; the rest of the movie takes place in the afterlife. (Thanks to Tal and ND)
- Pope John Paul II (2005 TV) [Karol Wojtyla, Pope John Paul II]: Dies after going into a coma. (Thanks to Mathew)
- 24: Day 7: 4:00 a.m.-5:00 a.m. (2009) [Jonas Hodges]: Killed in an explosion when a hitman sent by Sprague Grayden puts a bomb in his van.
- Brother of Chip Taylor (songwriter).
- Ex-husband of Lauri Peters.
- Ex-husband of Marcheline Bertrand.
- Father of Angelina Jolie and James Haven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.