Johnny Depp (1963 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) [Glen Lantz]: Killed off-screen when Robert Englund pulls him down into his bed after he falls asleep; we see Robert grab him and pull him down, followed by a fountain of blood gushing from the bed. (There is a deleted scene where his body is lifted up into the air before being dropped down again.) He later reappears in Heather Langenkamp's dream.
- Platoon (1986) [Private Lerner]: Mortally wounded in combat with the Viet Cong; the movie doesn't actually confirm that he's killed, but he's so badly wounded that it seems a safe assumption.
- Ed Wood (1994) [Edward D. Wood Jr.]: Dies off-screen of a heart attack, several years after the movie ends; his death is mentioned in the text at the end of the movie.
- Dead Man (1995) [William Blake]: Mortally wounded in a shoot-out with Lance Henriksen; he dies after Gary Farmer lays him out in a canoe and sets him adrift for his final journey.
- The Brave (1997) [Raphael]: Presumably tortured and killed in front of a camera. The movie ends with Johnny getting into an elevator in a warehouse, which leads to a hidden chamber where it has been established that Marlon Brando plans to torture and murder Johnny on camera.
- The Astronaut's Wife (1999) [Commander Spencer Armacost]: Electrocuted when Charlize Theron throws an appliance into the water when he's standing on the flooded floor, in an attempt to destroy the alien possessing him (only for said alien to then possess her as he dies).
- From Hell (2001) [Inspector Fred Abberline]: Dies off-screen of an overdose in an opium den; his body is shown afterwards when Robbie Coltrane comes to get him and discovers that he's dead. (Historically inaccurate, the real inspector Abberline died from old age in 1929).
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006) [Captain Jack Sparrow]: Eaten by the Kraken, after Keira Knightly chains him to the mast of his ship. He is brought back to life by Geoffrey Rush, Keira and the other pirates in the sequel Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007) [Captain Jack Sparrow]: During one of his imagined sequences of several different "Jack Sparrows", one is shot by another as he is about to eat a peanut. Another is stabbed in the gut for tying a rope improperly. (The real Johnny survives the movie).
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) [Sweeney Todd]: Throat slit with his own razor by Ed Sanders as he cradles his wife's Laura Michelle Kelly body in his arms.
- Public Enemies (2009) [John Dillinger]: Shot repeatedly by Stephen Lang and other FBI agents as he is leaving a movie theater; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Stephen.
- 21 Jump Street (2012) [Tom Hanson]: Shot to death, along with Peter DeLuise, by DeRay Davis and his men while he is talking to Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum; he and Peter die shortly afterwards while talking to each other. (Played for comic effect.)
- Transcendence (2014) [Dr. Will Caster]: Dies from radiation poisoning after being shot with radioactive bullets by Lukas Haas. His mind is uploaded into a computer program in order to keep it alive and he later forms a new body via nanotechnology. He is later seemingly destroyed when he allows a virus created by Paul Bettany to be downloaded into him by a dying Rebecca Hall. His body is later seen lying over Rebecca when Paul enters their compound. (it's implied that his mind along with Rebecca's lives on)
- Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) [Tarrant Hightop/Mad Hatter]: He dies twice in this movie. First he is close to death when his color begins to fade; he is later brought back to life when Mia Wasikowska says she believes him. Later, he turned into a rust statue, He is restored when the Grand Clock Engine and the Chronosphere are reconnected.
- Murder On The Orient Express (2017) [Samuel Ratchett]: Stabbed to death by Judi Dench, Daisy Ridley, Willem Dafoe, Michelle Pfeiffer, Derek Jacobi, Marwan Kenzari, Olivia Colman, Lucy Boynton, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Penélope Cruz, Leslie Odom, Jr., and Josh Gad (each one stabbing him in turn) after Johnny has been drugged in his train compartment. His body is shown afterwards on his bed when Kenneth Branagh and Tom Bateman view the crime scene, and the murder is shown in flashback as Michelle explains to Kenneth that killing Johnny was all her idea. (See Richard Widmark in the 1974 version.)
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Ex-Mr. Amber Heard.
- Ex-Mr. Vanessa Paradis.
- Godfather of Tim Burton 's and Helena Bonham Carter's children.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.