John Saxon (1935 - )
Deaths in FilmEdit
- The Plunderers (1960) [Rondo]: Shot in the back by Dolores Hart, after John pulls a knife on Jeff Chandler. (Thanks to Gordon)
- War Hunt (1962) [Private Raymond Endore]: Slain by his own squadmates when his "war-hunting" threatens to break a cease-fire.
- The Appaloosa (Southwest to Sonora) (1966) [Chuy Medina]: Shot to death with a distance rifle by Marlon Brando, after Marlon tricks him into giving away his position. (Thanks to Gordon and Brian)
- The Intruders (1970) [Billy Pye]: Shot by one of the Younger Brothers' gang, after John shouts a warning to Don Murray; he dies shortly after being taken back to town. (Thanks to Brian)
- Mitchell (1975) [Walter Deaney]: Killed in an explosion when his dune buggy crashes while being chased by Joe Don Baker. (Note: I've only seen the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of this movie, in which John's death scene is cut out, but I've read about the 'missing' scene in several on-line discussions of the movie.)
- Mark Strikes Again (Mark colpisce ancora) (1976) [Altman]: Accidentally machine-gunned by one of his officers, who was trying to kill Franco Gasparri. (Thanks to Andrea)
- The Cynic, the Rat & the Fist (Il Cinico, l'infime, il violento) (1977) [Frank Di Maggio]: Shot in the chest by Tomas Milian during a big shoot-out between the rival gangs. (Thanks to Andrea)
- Shalimar (The Deadly Thief) (1978) [Colonel Columbus]: I remember that he was killed in this movie, but it's been so long since I've seen it that I've forgotten the circumstances.
- Battle Beyond the Stars (1980) [Sador]: Goes down with his dreadnaught when Darlanne Fluegel and Richard Thomas crash a smaller warship into John's vessel (with Darlanne and Richard ejecting at the last moment). (Thanks to Tal)
- Cannibal Apocalypse (1980) (Apocalypse Domani) [Norman Hopper]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by shooting himself after his wife (Elizabeth Turner) shoot herself in the head with his gun.
- The Scorpion with Two Tails (Assassinio al cimitero etrusco; Murder in an Etruscan Cemetery) (1982) [Arthur Barnard]: Neck snapped by Claudio Cassinelli while John is talking on the phone to Elvire Audray. (Thanks to Andrea)
- Tenebre (1982) (Tenebrae; Unsane) [Bullmer]: Stabbed in the stomach by Anthony Franciosa in the middle of a crowded city square in broad daylight.
- Prisoners of the Lost Universe (1983) [Kleel]: Killed in an explosion while he tries to shoot Richard Hatch and Kay Lenz.
- Hands of Steel (Atomic Cyborg; Vendetta dal futuro) (1986) [Francis Turner]: Heart torn out by Daniel Greene. (Thanks to Johan)
- Zombie Death House (1987) [Colonel Gordon Burgess]: Killed in an explosion after being attacked by a group of zombies, preventing him from escaping before the charges go off.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) [Donald Thompson]: Impaled through the back on the fin of a Cadillac after being attacked by Robert Englund's skeleton after it comes back to life in a junkyard. (Thanks to Kenneth and Karen)
- Welcome to Spring Break (Nightmare Beach) (1988) [Strycher]: Shot in the chest by Luis Valderrama as John is about to shoot Nicholas de Toth; John is then dragged behind a motorcycle. (Thanks to Andrea)
- My Mom's a Werewolf (1989) [Harry Thropen]: Stabbed in the chest (while he's in his werewolf form) with a silver fork attached to a staff by Tina Caspary while John is about to attack Susan Blakely (in her werewolf form). (Thanks to Andrew)
- Aftershock (1990) [Oliver Quinn]: Stabbed in the stomach with a knife throw by Jay Roberts Jr while John shoot him at the end of the fright.
- Hellmaster (1992) [Professor Saxon]: Burned to death (though I don't know the details).
- Jonathan of the Bears (Jonathan degli orsi) (1993) [Fred Goodwin]: Shot to death by Franco Nero. (Thanks to Andrea)
- Beverly Hills Cop III (1994) [Orrin Sanderson]: Shot in the chest by Stephen McHattie in the counterfeiters' print shop. (Thanks to Corey)
- Trapped Ashes (2006) [Leo]: Commits suicide (off-camera) by shooting himself in the head, some time before the story begins. It's revealed at the end of the movie that all the characters telling their stories are already ghosts; his death is shown in a flashback when Henry Gibson reminds him how his story actually ended. We only see the blood splatter on the wall in the flashback.
Deaths in TelevisionEdit
- The Dick Powell Theatre: A Time To Die (1962) [Nick Giller]: Found dead in his darkened apartment with a bloody wound on his neck (presumably stabbed) by Dick Powell, who had come to kill him and found John's criminal rivals had beaten him to it. (Thanks to Brian)
- Gunsmoke: The Pillagers (1967) [Pedro Manez]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with James Arness. (Thanks to Harry)
- Kung Fu: King of the Mountain (1972) [Raven]: Accidentally falls to his death from a mountain when he trips over a rock while trying to take his rifle for shoot David Carradine after a fight. (Thanks to Robert)
- Dynasty: Domestic Intrigue (1984) [Rashid Ahmed]: Shot to death by the Istanbul police. (Thanks to Johan)
- Murder, She Wrote: Hooray for Homicide (1984) [Jerry Lydecker]: Hit on the head with a metal urn by Melissa Sue Anderson in an empty studio lot; his body is shown afterwards when Angela Lansbury discovers him and the murder is shown in a flashback later on.
- Murder, She Wrote: Proof in the Pudding (1994) [Bernardo Bonelli]: Stabbed in the chest by Liza Snyder in his kitchen. (Thanks to Scott)
- CSI: Grave Danger Part 1 (2005) [Walter Gordon]: Commits suicide by blowing himself up when he detonates his bomb explosive vest after a confrontation with William L. Petersen. (Thanks to Gary and PortsGuy)
- Masters Of Horror: Pelts (2006) [Jeb 'Pa' Jameson]: Bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat by his son (Michal Suchanek). His body is shown again later on when Link Baker and Meat Loaf discover him. (Thanks to Stephen and Andrew)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.