The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
John Russell (1921 - 1991)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Forever Amber (1947) ["Black" Jack Mallet]: Killed by soldiers when John attempts a robbery, as Linda Darnell watches.
- Yellow Sky (1948) [Lengthy]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with Gregory Peck.
- Man in the Saddle (The Outcast) (1951) [Hugh Clagg]: Shot repeatedly in the chest by Alexander Knox, after Alexander erroneously believes that John had implied that Joan Leslie was unfaithful to Alexander.
- Jubilee Trail (1954) [Oliver Hale]: Shot to death by one of Martin Garralagas' men.
- The Last Command (1955) [Lt. Dickinson]: Stabbed with bayonets by Mexican soldiers after they corner him during the battle at the Alamo. (Thanks to Brian)
- Apache Uprising (1966) [Vance Buckner] Killed (off-screen) by the Apaches. We last see him being dragged away after Rory Calhoun hands him over to the Indians (who were seeking to avenge John's rape of an Apache girl).
- Buckskin (The Frontiersman) (1968) [Patch]: Shot to death by Lon Chaney Jr. during a big shoot-out. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976) [Bloody Bill Anderson]: Shot in the chest off-screen in a battle. He later dies of his wounds off-screen and the last we see him is mortally wounded on the floor where Clint Eastwood gives him water.
- Pale Rider (1985) [Marshall Stockburn]: Shot six times in the chest, then once in the head, by Clint Eastwood, killing him the same way John and his deputies did to Doug McGrath . (Thanks to Brian)
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Maverick: Rage for Vengeance (1958) [John Grimes]: Shot to death in a showdown with James Garner. (Thanks to Tom)
- Gunsmoke: The Iron Men (1974) [Carl Ryker]: Rides into town with his gang to get Cameron Mitchell and gets shot when Mitchell, James Arness and William Bryant outgun them in a street fight. (Thanks to Brian).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.